Just a few improvements I feel you could make.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

@Gedden @Senshu

So first off, after playing pox for a few hours, talking to new players, and seeing whats been left blank I thought I would list some things that I believe you could consider on improving in the future.

1. The Trade Ban: To my knowledge there is no mention of the trade ban a new player recieves and they are left wondering why it's in place and how long it's in place for. Although this is only a small ban, it may be off putting for the steam community, many of which are enthusiastic traders on steam.

2. Joining Guilds: Too many people have asked myself and others how to join a guild, and although you may believe it is simple, it really is not. Why must you click on ''Recruiting'' rather than just have a tab/button that says Apply to guild, because when I first started I can ensure you that it came as a shock to me when people told me that you applied to a guild through the recruiting button, and quite frankly it left me feeling stupid.

3. Levelling runes and upgrades: This is an easy thing for us to explain, but the thing is it's alot of explaining when every new player is asking us the same question. Perhaps this was planned to be part of your FAQ which I don't believe ever got posted, but there really needs to be something that demonstrates how this is done and what the reasoning behind custom upgrades are.

4. The website as a whole: This is something which I believe would be very helpful for new players, that being a tutorial for navigating the website, so they learn how to access their profiles, how to find and apply to guilds, some insight about the rune check-list, manager and forge and then how Drums of War works. Of course this is something that a player could do via video or a thread on the forums, but it would need your support so it could reach the new players eye easily.

5. DoW: This is a brilliant feature that gives players an incentive to play ranked games. It adds another competitive level to rank, and also rewards you simply for playing at the end of a period of time. Of course you aim to bring this back, but I feel like it's been too long, you acquired the game in March (correct me if im wrong) and it's been disabled ever since. On the topic of DoW I also feel like you need to consider changing the prizes, to maybe a LE reskin for X faction + Gold, because currently 2k gold for the average person is very little.

6. 2v2: I enjoy playing this game mode and many others do also. Although we can still play 2v2 we cannot achieve ranking for it. Most 1v1 players see 2v2 rank as irrelevant, which I suppose it is, but when a player who is ranked in rare league for 1v1 is exo/limited in 2v2, it makes them feel better about themselves. Although I understand 2v2 is a very unbalanced game mode, all the removal of ranking did was upset the regular 2v2 players, because I can ensure you that most 1v1 players do not care in the slightest if it's enabled.

7. Management presence: I'll be honest I was extremely disappointed to not see a single green online today, even with the flow of new players. I was especially suprised with Senshu not logging on considering he's the community manager, but I understand that you must have had other things to do. Although this is such a minor thing the ability to be able to send bug reports to online greens or simply just to talk to them, has a large effect on the attitude of the players. So basically I feel like you as greens need to log on publicly more often, or get reasonable player mods who can just be there to give new players the feel that the management are part of the community. Because in all honesty, it's rare you guys log on to talk or just show your presence in the game you own, and it's gives off the feel that you don't care as much as you should do.

These are all that I can think off right now, but im sure other people can think of other things that they feel needs to be improved and post about them. I would also like to add that it's very rare that I post a constructive thread in general forums, so hopefully this makes you understand that now I see improvements in the game it's restored some faith for pox, so I feel like it's our job as the community to try and nudge you towards the right direction.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    badgerale, okkku, Sunutsu and 8 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

7/7 would read again.

Sunutsu and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Vote Kanye 2020

I demand my additional 3/3. I feel incomplete without it :(

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Than work on 3 more point. I ain't santa giving away free Bane Shift

Sunutsu, SPiEkY and Baskitkase like this.
  5. devourx

devourx New Member

I agree with 5 and 6 also will you be fixing the problem with launcher showing out of memory thing its ****** annoying and making me unnable to play pox
    : (

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ppsh, we all know Devour doesn't even play this game NICE TRY.

2/3 points missing from Burn.

7. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

Very well put h0spy, I agree with you on all points.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Damn, I was really hoping for a 69/138 in all honesty :L

10. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I especially agree with #5 !! Bring back DoW for christs sake!! pox isnt pox without it!!

11. Vote Kanye 2020

For sure, and give us the rewards from 6 months ago, while you're at it greens!

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

And make it double since we would probably have already finished one by now.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

8. Balance

SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  14. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I think the reply/start thread delay for new account is still in place for this forum.
    This could be the reason why it seems so quiet here.

It could also be they're mostly using the steam in-build forum

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Someone should re-direct them from steamforums to hya then.

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

69 giggty

68.5/69

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Done.

18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Some good points and we will continue to make needed changes based on priority. About the Management presence, with only the 5 of us we are all stretched thin with the influx of new players addressing support tickets and looking into bugs. We will be in-game when possible, but we can't be in-game 24/7.