Will I be able to use the non steam client? And for how long?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dezix, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Dezix

Dezix New Member

Will I be able to use the non steam client? And for how long?

2. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes you can currently use the non-steam client; I haven't heard anything about plans to fully integrate the game into steam, so for a while now hopefully.

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I would imagine that they would not remove the option of having a stand-alone client. Steam makes it fairly easy and simple to update from my understanding, but the main stand alone is the main stand alone like most other games that are hosted on steam that are multiplayer online.

4. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

I do hope that's not going to be the case, for some reason playing with Steam it told that "Memory is full", but with stand-alone client there's no problem.
    Problem probably lies in my really awful laptop.

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I saw a few of those, but I'm not entirely sure when or why it is happening. It is possible it is due to actually having full memory, but I don't have enough information about it at this time.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Integrating into steam would cost them 40 of their 42 active players, I don't see that happening.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wait if they do so I can come back and finally make top 3?!

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yeah it's hard for me to log in with steam since I'm on a Mac.

So pretty much the stand alone will be here for awhile (if not I'd be very sad panda).

9. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

Currently, the only benefits to playing on steam are the steam UI and the free rune.