garin the sharpfang

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Oct 16, 2014.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Needs a redo, he is too powerful. I think that combat awareness could be dropped off him and maybe he could go down like 4 nora and still be very good. I do generally think combat awareness should be gone or changed to something similar to nokhan do as well

2. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Is he still bugged to not count as a hero?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

People complain about Garin now? Of all things in kanen.. Cough pack savagery cough

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Garin isn't in Kanen, he just happens to be that race if you are so inclined.

@OP: remember, he does drain 4 nora per turn, so that's a thing.
    It does take 3 turns to undo the cost reduction of Mercenary, though...

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mercenary doesn't WAI anyway.

Regardless, he's cheap aye. Wouldn't put him on my priority list though.

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

How is that?

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The whole "need 4 nora at the start of your turn or the beetch dead thing" clause. It grants nora from shrine, fonts, other gen,.. first anyway. Pointless to call it a mercenary who will die if you don't pay up if you always have the cash regardless.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It could potentially happen, when nora freezes over.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Better start running shoeboxed spells asap

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

How is 2 being able to run 2 split heros from stealth that can deal aoe damage according to their range, not over the top, especially if they cost what, 65 nora to deploy and it has 7 speed, high damage, all those boost accessed.

Oh wait your burnpyro in 2014, Why am I asking you...

I have seen 2 garins early, make short work of anything in a decently planned rush(from stealth)

IF you were to take the SL/SP Zealots approach to maintain some dumb design oversight, I would start with 6 speed and nerf scythe whirl or combat awareness off of him.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're talking about the bug, we're not. When bugfixed, I do not believe Garin to be too strong compared to other top runes.

And I hardly ever run kanen and don't consider them SL champs. I don't need to be lectured on zealotry by you jabjab

12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I only lecture those inclined to learn, or have open minds.
    Your mind is like a flaming safe with barbed wire on the dial, inside a room on floating on an iceburg in a flooded room with electrified water and a military daily encrypted password generated by your irrational hell-prone hate.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Such vivid images. At least try to read the topic first and then comment instead of shooting around wildly. Makes you look silly.

Are you upset that you're not as good as me, even when using IS when it's incredibly broken? Must be difficult.

And let me guess, something something I'm a black macho?

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I would advocate removing combat awareness, mercenary, and cost him at ~75 nora. This also assumes you could only run 1

TheBulwark likes this.
  15. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

The problem is, he gets all the boons of split hero but you can run two of them.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Uhhh yeah? What does that have to do with my post?

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What doesn't that have to do with your post. I mean jeez.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Common sense is -9000 in the current formula.