Out of memory error

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by nitebane21, Sep 26, 2014.

1. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

When playing the game it stutters more and more until eventually it just stops altogether and I get an Out of Memory error. I'm running the game at fullscreen windowed, widescreen and auto resolution. Screen resolution is 1920x1080. If I try to set the resolution in game from auto to 1920x1080, the bottom edge is cut off so I can't see hp and stuff. Win 7, Nvidia GTX 285 video card.

2. nitebane21

Tried window mode and lowering game resolution to 1600x900 and it lasted longer but still died after a few games. It seems like its the accumulation of all the animations.

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are aware of certain performance issues that are occurring. The exact cause is still being determined, but this is something we very much want to resolve.

allyorbase and Anima26 like this.
  4. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Getting 'Out of Memory' error when the red loading globe is at around 40% full every time (via Steam).

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name JASON-ACER
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model V5-171
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Acer V1.02, 4/26/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name Jason-Acer\Jason
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 5.84 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.10 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 11.7 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 8.10 GB
    Page File Space 5.84 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Never had the problem with the downloadable client but i was toying with resolutions on Steam and made the game crash with this error.

Also the Fullscreen/widescreen breaks all graphics(stretch them), the only way pox works on full screen is the fullscreen windowed.

6. nitebane21

I downloaded new drivers, restarted and set it to windowed fullscreen, wide screen, automatic resolution for settings and use the standard (not steam) client. Everything seems ok.

7. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Sigh. I hope this gets blanket-fixed soon.

8. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

Do you know how much memory is dedicated to your video card? On my i7 laptop it is managed in the bios. Unfortunately my son has my Acer Aspire V or I could check if that is the same there or not.