Poxnora mobile app

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Oct 17, 2014.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I forgot what the response was to this years ago. Im bored at work and wish i could play on my phone

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

probably something like

"too complex a game for phone"

"not enough resources"

"too hard to make work"

HannibalFee likes this.
  3. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

Would be nice if there was a slick app that made it easy to make trades and setup bgs. I realize I could just access the website through my phone but I find it very annoying.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Recources.
    Bad platform pox runs on.
    Daisy tried and failed.

Recources.

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

They should be able to create an app that allows us to create battlegroups, view your checklist and individual rune art and abilities, create/respond/check on trades, etc. Pretty much everything you can do with the Web browser options. I understand not being able to play games due to resources, but an app shouldn't be too hard for what I mentioned.

Greysands22 likes this.
  6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Not EVERYTHING is meant for your iphone 6X plus-minus music gaming telephone device, youngster.

Karmavore likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wow, technology hate much grandpa?

TheBulwark likes this.
  8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

You don't know the half of it! Look at me, sitting here trying to write this letter to my great great great great great great great great great grandpappy, but its too hard to concentrate with all the loud beeps and dings coming from these kids with their pants around their knees. That and the poor lighting, my eyes don't work as well as they use to.

9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Phone ap would probably have to be something like a feed or rune trader/bg builder.

It would be a nightmare to try and play the actual game on the phone.

10. Gaedel

Yep

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

It thought it was the whole that iOS doesn't do Java. Has that changed?

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

IOS uses Objective-C and Swift.

Java is what the Android platform is built on however. I just think it makes more sense to get things right here first before this could be a step. It's really something that would take a dedicated approach; the existence of which would be predicated on our current success. I've envisioned how it could work for a while now, but the main thing I've settled on is that it should be a stand-alone system.

I could see making a just a Poxbase for your phone app though.

13. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Just a rune manager/checklist and battlegroup builder app. I would 100% get that on my phone. I have one for warhammer and I don't even own any miniatures.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Gaedel

Yes, either one would be awesome! Someone could pull the data from the XML export, create the app, then present it to the OWLs for release. Any takers that know how to program Android apps?