cultural contamination of moga/g'hern?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by callum6021, Sep 2, 2014.

1. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

what would be the effectiveness of this? it seems like giving the pack leader/mentality combo to moga's and g'hern's would be really powerful i've never really seen anyone use it before.

2. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Yeah, u will get packleader and mentality with mogas and with kanen ull get ghernbound and overseer

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

The reason why no one bothered making this BG, and the effectiveness (not the effect of the spell, as simply stated above):

1) You have to spend 2 spell slots to grant a negative ability to Kanens, and grant a positive ability to Moga. At most this spell should be a passive ability on a Legendary champion, not a spell.

2) Its not static. Once you cast it, the next champion you deploy wouldn't go in-line with the rest and you have to wait for the spell to cooldown, or spend another 20 nora. Unreliable at best. Different with...say:
    - Snow Blind, or Pilfered Armory where the effect sticks until the trigger.
    - Effect lasts X turns, but will be static for a period of time, meaning you won't have to cast it again. K

The way I see it:
    + >) You can use this as a powerturn BUT having 5SPD mogas is a bad idea. OR... you can spam this spell while paying cheaper kanens by the name of Mogas
    + >) Its a moga-centric BG and 1-2 Alphas. Definitely not gonna use this with Pack Mentality champs.
    - >) You're not gonna have access to Dirge + DGuard, and you're going to have draw problems when getting a moga without its G'hern. At most, you'll be having 4 G'herns and 2 Alphas.

http://poxbase.com/deck/cttc4Icgqc4Fcp7c3xC2UCjACt@C94C2WC5WS66s3tS63s6Yr2YrOe1Qeve1fe1j

Something like this? I seldom play mogas, and is more familiar with Kanen. But from what I can imagine (on papers), the BG is basically a Moga racial that plays like Kanens. So...

1. We'd have to skip on some of the best (post-vamp) mogas: NO Aviator, Slinger, or Netter.
    2. Instead, we'll utilize melee mogas: Dirge's guard, scout, chef, and recruiter.
    3. Reckless Spellblast is there to deal with Haunting Spirits.

What most might not see from niche spells such as Cultural Contamination is that....you GET 3 DIFFERENT MINI KIERGANAS. Sure, you might not have the prevamp Magic Blast + Rage Band OPness, but you get a Ranged Pack Leader through:

- G'hern Soothsayer 4-6RNG Packleader
    - G'hern Isangoma 2-5RNG Packleader
    - G'hern Thrower 4-6RNG Packleader

While also utilizing Bloodhowler Alpha, Dirge, and General as a frontliner G'hern.

I think its an interesting idea. However, the execution might be different. You'd be facing a lot of spellspamming, while you will keep having dead-draws of Cultural Contamination/Pack Savagery. Maybe -1 Pack Savagery, and +1 Thunderhead Totem.

4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I don't see why people don't play one in regular moga decks. Pack leader is good, and Kanen only get neutral/bad abilities from it.

Good 20 Nora powerspell turn, especially with ranged G'hern.

5. callum6021

thats generally what i was thinking. g'hern soothsayer and insangoma can set it off really well and it can really increase the damage output of the close range moga's if they can have multiple free attacks per turn.

6. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I reccommend just playtesting one in a moga deck. Don't bother trying to fit kanen into it.

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

As I mentioned in another thread, this is a BG I will be putting together after I move on from extensive Wurmz playtesting. This spell doesn't require any Kanen as you can run a normal Moga BG with a new powerturn trick people won't be expecting. It then allows for the use of Pack Savagery which is even less expected. 60 Nora for the equivalent of double Quickening without the need to spend AP. If you decide to use a couple Alphas, you'd have a hoard of Unleash fodder to draw upon.

The spell definitely favors Moga over Kanen (should probably be addressed), but that seems intentional given the rune's flavor text.

8. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Yeah I guess Gherns are just too dope. Ranged packleader is crazy

This thread really makes me wanna play moga. I can feel like having multiple kierganas haha

9. callum6021

having packleader on soothsayers and throwers can be pretty crazy.

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Would be interesting with peaks tactics.

11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I have tried this spell out its really effective and I run it x2 in moga.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

As i play both kanen and moga and love the kanen pack leader/mentality i can assue you this spell rocks.

Doesn't work with Isangoma, or Soothsayer.

Birthmother, Dirge, Overlord, Thrower and 2 Helms is what im currently rocking

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, if you're playing moagz and don't run this at least 1x, you're doing it wrong.

14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I have a little deck for this already made I'll post it when I get home

15. Brightwood

Brightwood The King of Potatoes

tried making one

my deck

any tips for changes i could make?