Skeleton discussion.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Hekau718, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Hi,
    I'm not building a skeleton bg myself. ( I have one though, thoughts on it are, of course, welcome.) But I remember skeletons were a good choice for beginners, at least before the revamp. Yet, there hasn't been much talk about them on the forum. Skeletons were my very first proper battle group, I'm thinking this would help some new poxers out.

How strong are they right now?
    How would a budget bg look like?

My bg: http://poxbase.com/deck/C8kchMCgMC2fcaNc69c6yC4bc6wCtYcjas6Zswsgs2=sns5dR2hRmr1E2Beq

It was very outdated, so I jazzed it up as well as I could. Not sure at all about the spells though.

-I like Voidhowlers, repurpose works on them. Even though it should sacrifice (no death effects.). Haven't tried Goresplosion.
    - Is running 2 Graveyards/Altars a good idea?
    - What about the more expensive skeletons? - Lerper, hoarfrost lich, Bonewing.

Feedback appreciated!

2. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

I can't view poxbase from work, but I found that graveyards/altars are solid in PvE but really too slow in PvP. I think I still have one graveyard in it, mostly to buff surge champs. Speaking of, Skeletal Lerper is absolutely amazing, and an auto 2-of. Bonewing sucks now; it used to be auto. I don't have hoarfrost lich, so no opinion on that.

3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

The ways of the bones go back a long way... The very first bgs were quite a bewitching affair...

bones.png

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm sad valentine xulos lost his hearts

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. TeaScholar

Ugh... I know...

But at least he's still got the grand supreme heart lolypop staff that's bigger than his head.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i feel like st/fw skellies has promise. Using permafrost obelisk and alter of bones in combo with summoned skellies, not grave yard. It is not there yet, but getting there. ST/FW synergy is left over from CropsE rain. Hope it picks back up some time. We are over due for an ST/FW spilt hero imo.

8. Zero

Zero Active Member

I used my Skeleton deck in PVP and it's really slow. Feels more like PVE than anything else, can't lose in PVE. If you go PVP with skeletonss, you need to switch it up with champs that can simply do things without requiring backup or a second champion. Teleport is nice.

9. TeaScholar

I tried to win a game and commentate at the same time as skeletons vs meta ST.

It was impossible.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

skellies is one of those bg's were you run out of time if everything is going your way.

TeaScholar likes this.
  11. Zero

Zero Active Member

Yeah, they take too long to control and chances of you getting to that point is really hard in PVP where you usually have around 2-5 champs on average and not the 10-12 skeletons required to surge.