Factions Needing Better Magic Damage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Oct 22, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Particle Accelerator... Particle Acceleration... Electromagnetic fields accelerate the particles. You where saying what now? ;)

2. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

2fast4u

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Great idea!

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Briliant idea.
    Great idea.

soulmilk likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Except it's not.
    The factions with all the alt damages generally have plenty of magic damage. The factions without magic damage don't have an abundance of alt damages.

Translation: the same factions get screwed, the same factions don't give a Firk.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Fair point mate.

8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Should there be factions with not the best magic attack options?

Ghost I would recommend attaching Font ignorance.
    The main auto loose portion is them sitting in your font contesting it.

As for AA that's an entirely different issue and I'd give him etherial instead of ghost and/or nerf his dmg stat.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The problem like I said before isn't really Ghost, just who its on. It was meant to be on annoyance champs like Sonic Elemental. Not Tanks that deal damage. Ghost champs generally only take 1-2 hits to take down. They are they to annoy, and keep you busy. Not deal massive amounts of damage. AA is the issue. Having Ghost on him just makes it so much worse.

Remove Ghost, Add Vaporize. -1 base Defense. Base damage to 13 from 17.

10. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

How about the factions lacking in magic and alt damage get the "Particle Accelerator" equipment, which creates a relic and captures the "ghost", much like Blink. The relic takes damage each turn and when it is destroyed the "ghost" returns to haunt.

11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

What has Pox forums become, honestly. Im almost loosing the will to read things anymore.

Edit: I mean, this "Particle Accelerator" thing has to be one of the craziest (not to use a worse word) ideas Ive ever seen.

Ballballer, SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No its not. Ghost is the issue. Haunting grip is so obnoxious for the same reason

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Obnoxious about fits the intention of a griefing unit.

I don't like that it can be summoned right into battle though which bypasses one of the main things on ghost units that being slow and having to expend ap to get to said units to grief.

Short lived on the summoned unit is an adequate fix.

Next we'll have the conversation about the spider with ghost down the line again.

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- umm they also used to used to burn coal to make steam power.... I like you. You were nerding what now?

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I just don't understand how people can think it's fine for there to exist an ability that makes a champion immune to all but one damage type. That screams poor design to me.

If there is a stealthed unit I can play around not having detection. I can run into it or I can use aoes or relics.

But if I run into a unit with ghost and I don't have magic damage I no alternative means of dealing with it. In a strategy game such as this there shouldn't exist anything that requires you to counter with one thing and one thing only or lose.

16. Gaedel

The "Particle Accelerator" is not a serious solution.

17. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, even situations that create huge win cons are not desirable, like, units that usually are hard countered or their impact is far greater than the cost itself. An auto win con is an absurd display of bad design.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's hard to tell coming from you.

19. Gaedel

Mission accomplished! I've always been the King of Sarcasm.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I still hold that crown.

Also because I have displayed enough intelligence so people don't expect dumb things from me.