Bg - Flame of Al'Mara

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by flash88, Oct 23, 2014.

1. flash88

flash88 Member

This is a experimental split bg,i call flame of Al'Mara .
    Split: KF- IS
    Primary class: wizard
    Primary element: fire
    Secondary element: magical

Primary bonus: +1AP (KF) -3dmg spells(IS)
    Secondary bonus: -50% dmg spells (Throne of circle KF) , +20% fire amp (Scarlet wing IS),Magic nova3(throne of the circle KF)

This bg have a poor HP,DEF and pure dmg, but have attack many options.
    This is the "Beta" test my bg:

[​IMG]

Principal attacks:

[​IMG] Attack Fire: This unit makes a Fire attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.

[​IMG] FlameStrike: This champion makes a Fire attack at RNG 1-5 and +2 DMG. When a champion takes 1 or more damage from this attack, it becomes Charred for 4 turns.

[​IMG] FlameNova: This unit deals 9 Fire damage to each unit within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged become Inhibited 4 (This unit cannot be healed).
    This unit makes a Fire attack for 16 damage at range 1-5. This damage ignores DEF. If successful, target champion becomes Enflamed 4. (Target champion is engulfed in flame. At the end of your turn, champion deals 6 Fire damage to each champion within 2 spaces.)

[​IMG] FlameSiphon: Target friendly champion within 6 spaces takes 10 Fire damage, you gain 150% of the damage taken in Nora. May target self.

[​IMG] MagicNova: This unit deals 9 Magic damage to each unit within 2 spaces. This damage ignores DEF. Champions successfully damaged have -1 DEF for 4 turns.

Seconday Attacks:

[​IMG] Cleansing Flame: Target champion within 4 spaces takes 10 Fire damage and loses all positive and negative conditions.

[​IMG] Charged FlameFist: Spend 3 Charges. This unit makes a Fire attack at +2 DMG at its range against target unit.

Combo ideas:

Combo1: FlameSiphon in anoter champion + deploy Spirit of endurance = +15nora and recover 10 hp fire dmg from FlaeSiphon

Combo2: MagicNova + Flame nova = 9+9=18 dmg with 6 ap (because this abilities dont reset the chain attack.)

Combo 3: Incinerate in a champion A + FlameStrike in a champion B at side ( 6extra dmg incinerate + 4 dmg from charred = 10 dmg extra to champion B)

Combo 4: Some champions can do 3 attacks in one turn with only 10~11 AP!, example is FlameMage of the circle: if against a mlee champion, she can use magic nova + flame nova + cleansing flame = 9+9+10= 28dmg in a single turn!!! + 20% fire amp?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    advantage:
    *good range,extra dmg,area and spell resistence( with throne of circle they simply dont take dmg from spells)
    * a ranged champion can face a mlee champion without problem getting retreating,because their attacks have area and low ap cost
    *the attacks ignore def,divert,dont vaporize champions,block,dodge,rigtherous shield,nohkan do,elusive etc...

disadvantage:
    *Hard if the map is separate two-way,because this bg is more efficient if the forces are centralized.
    *Few defensive capacity
    *Is very hard if a alone champion defend the font against a strong mlee.

I'm convinced it's a good bg, but I need some ideas if you can give some tips and analysis

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    soulmilk likes this.
  2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Interesting idea bud

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I'm way more impressed by your presentation... Superb. And you have to use poxbase to let other people have the easeness of seeing your champ choices. A photo wouldn't help people to see each individual rune.

As for the deck itself I think it will play like a normal KF BG since most of your champs are so easy to be one rounded.

Since the focus here are: fire dmg, and wizards you'd be wasting nora when you play Redfist and having to drop down that throne for all the wizards. Moreover, I imagine you'd be amping less cumulative damage since you have Rage of the Circle, Redfist, and most are atk:fire.

Also 2 detections is enough, an unobstr view is an overkill.

Its better to either focus on Magic or Fire, not both. If you focus on fire, you'd be missing Calignous Cauldron and Fire Eaters from UD. If you focus on Magic (which i believe would be the better path), you have to redesign your champ choices.

Either Fireamp IS/UD, redfist benefits a lot here with Mandate of Sheoul + fireamps from Demonlich/Scarletwing

Fireamp KF/UD (better than IS UD with the absence of DMC), with most range fire options from KF, and a load of Fire melee from UD.

Magic Amp IS/KF with all the wizards + 2 Garu chosen + 2 Thirion + 2 Grim Mirror. This I believe is the strongest of the three options. You have access to: Aspect of Life + Angel of Mercy (never gnn lose a harassing game, Refute against a Decay from FW), Dwarven Magister (alt dmg Radiant Blow), Etc2. Especially with all the ghost champs around, your only concern would be Protection (kf), or magic eaters. And get 2 shatter options in there against a Imm:magic quips

As it is now, I can glance and see that you have a glass sword BG that doesnt maximize the champion's damage output since you have so little amp sources for fire, and even a split amp module with Throne. Its best to pick 1. Wizards are better Imo.

And if you choose to stick with it, I think you have to play like KF with 2 Reclaims, Protection, and a Vine to entangle melees. I can imagine that you'd have the advantage in a harassing game with your opponent since you have 2 Spirit of Endurance, and an Aspect of Life.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  4. flash88

flash88 Member

the secret is not pound, but hitting way,
    does not help to have raw power only,need have range,ignore defense etc...

test a garu chosen with dmg magical, amp x 50% in total against a brewmaster with 10 def for example = the powerful magical hit dont helps! ..... but if use frost cone( arcanis) , incinerate or cleansing flame...this ll be efective because ignore defense!

this bg have range, high dmg, ignore def, extra dmg(charred,enflamed,fire aura)
    this bg broke def(magic nova), and have area(magic nova/frost cone)
    also have redeploy,heal,

if you use KF thirion,chosen etc... ll be strong ,but against a majestic champion or a tanker champion, chosen and company do nothing!

and if you use UD, you dont have basic spells,this is why i like IS... a only unit stealth, you ruin everyone knows it... the detection IS spells save me several times against stealth chamions... so this is a basic spell.
    and desperate heal,is another basic spell you dont find in other faction.

5. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

I must say that i agree with @RedScarlet .. You do have a good idea and some good combos.. But your choice of champions is way too easy to kill.. Maybe u've got stuff that u feel other bgs need.. But it doesnt rly matter much if your champions will die so quick.. The ones u've picked is quite squishy.. and you'll get pwned my simple mechanics if u're not carefull..
    - Have u been playing PvP with it?? If it grants you some wins, we might be wrong.. but on the paper.. It coesnt look very Solid.

But since i said that u had a good idea.. i'll try to make a simmilar bg when i got the time.. Cuz it could be fun.. I'll get back to u later.

(BTW. I love that u are trying new and untested things.. Dont listen too much to people that says it wont work (Sorry *Scarlet <3.. No disrespect.) Hang in and try it out.. I've tried alot of untested and underrated things that actually have been very fun & solid to play :)

6. Kristian Skjold

http://poxbase.com/deck/C5ACg8CjbCyzCwVC1tciuCgaCk9sus1Ys4ys31sls6MsPs7WS2tsKr25e2b

This is a quick draft of what i think would be better for you. got some of the same mechanics.. Got a few more tanky units that still synergies.. Relocation oppertunities.. and some spells i would say is better than the ones u've chosen. :)

RedScarlet likes this.
  7. flash88

flash88 Member

thanks the tip i ll analyse some possibilities, your tip is good, and yes my bg is very weak in pvp, two hits they die,
    but still is possible win in pvp against a full racial bg (depending the oponent and bg) but is possible,the mechanics are really good, the bad is : in my bg a alone champion DOES NOTHING! they need "the group"

8. RedScarlet

What about a more wizard centric BG to let u maximize nora efficiency via Chained Fae + IS healings?

-2 twisted fireoak
    -1 valdac priest
    -1 fan fairie (almost impossible to get now)
    -1 redfist

+1 chained fae (preordained so u basically get a racial discount for majority of ur champs?)
    +1 stellar horizon
    +1 colossal boa (for colossal and also a good skystorm target for 2x2 lightning skewer surprise. Also ignores everything def etc)
    +1 dwarven magister (for spellswallower against Whispers of the Mind, rise, etc2)
    +1 angel of mercy (cleansing aura)

*I also like it when people try new stuff. I bet I'd fall for that melee mage thing ur trying with Might of Ironfist

9. flash88

flash88 Member

RedScarlet
    Good idea,chained fae to increase the low hp and stelar horizon to recover hp with magic acolyte (elven mage)
    Migth or Ironfist works in Rage of the Circle :) does a 55+ dmg with pummel ,hostile and manic. not like to use it because it means unstable.

I like test new bgs,is funny discover new combos, now i test Call of the tundra (ST) and blink (IS)
    the Yeti Conqueror stay real champion!!! not more a summon!!! and not out of the game.
    in other words,you finalize a champion with 45 Nora,recover enemy nora globe and with Blink you recover a good lvl3 83 cost champion for only 40 Nora cost(blink -10 nora globe)
    not interesting?

10. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

No, it is not interesting. Your ideas are decent, but you will get smeared in ranked play. A decent combo or two is good, but you lack a solid workable mechanic that can be sustained and yield a win.

11. flash88

flash88 Member

ah yes,this is truth
    good to solve the defensive problem i think of:
    -Twisted fire oak : 2def (base) +2def(take root) +4def(full plate armor equip) = 8def
    -Red fist: 1def(base) + 3 (def soul of ailur) + 3def(hammerhearth platelmil) = 7 def
    -Wood marshal druid : 1 def(base) + 4def(flame armor) +3 def(hammerhearth platelmil) = 8 def

an improvisation

12. Kristian Skjold

Lets get something straight... Ocourse he'll get smashed in ranked play.. Cuz people are playing META!
    - Screw Meta and lets try some new stuff!

To Scarlet.. I like the idea about chained fae. pretty clever!
    -Might of ironfist & Glorious charge is mainly to screw with the opponents back... The bg contains alot of ranged.. so a powerturn when most champs are engaged it's like taking a loss to maybe a win, in my eyes. :p

13. Kristian Skjold

After looking at ur suggestions i came to this..
    - http://poxbase.com/deck/cpPctycq_C5ACg8CjbCyzCwVc1tCgas5Xsus1Ys4ys31sls6MsPS7Ws2tsKr25e2b

I dont know why i didnt think of Boa + surprice skewer... thought i'd add a Bane blast in for powerturns.. we're talking 38 AoE dmg here.. OP surprice for 75 nora.
    - I felt like throwing another Stellar in but didnt rly know what to take out.. so decided to take out Thorn collection since i putted bane blast in.
    I felt so good about taking Fireoak out since he's so very... whats it called.. Imobile? i tried using him before... but ended up dying way too fast for his nora cost. I'd let Fan faire stay, since i got it and might gonna try out this build.. but it could be replaced with Chained fae.

14. RedScarlet

Really wanna see this melee wizard bg build in action..

15. Kristian Skjold

I'll try get some Enforcers, and then i'll let you know after i learned the basics in the BG. :) It seem's quite fun on the paper.

16. flash88

flash88 Member

i was wrong!I did some more tests, and really, the bg is very strong, but is not viavel.por be a bg with weak defensive capability.

I did some more tests... and really, the bg is very strong, but is not a good idea!!!because is a bg with weak defensive capability. the group to be ideal need a marshal 10x druid more ,because he and the twiested fireoak are the only ones who most resist, but needs mlees fire element (need not be only wizards) ... pitfighter?

The group to be ideal need a more 10x marshal druid: more because he and the twiested fireoak are the only ones who most resist, the bg have some synergy but needs mlees fire element (need not be only wizards) ... pitfighter?*-*

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  17. KPIC

I have been watching your thread for a while and trying to think of what would be the best advice. I would change your build strategy from Flame of Al'Mara to Provision of Al'Mara because you are spending too much focus on Attack: Fire and Radiant Blow. The lore behind your build would be that a congregation of Wizards from IS and KF got together and became followers of Al'Mara: "When a devout follower of Al'Mara is in danger, an Archangel will descend to save them."

http://poxbase.com/deck/Cuac4tc54C5AChiCg8cjbcyzcw1chucoQs5Hs7=s1MslsPs7WsKr1ur3nr25eWe1Ie2we25e1B

Here would be your strategy. Your tanks are Enforcers and Angels. For the Enforcers, your Strats are your best support. Equip the Horn of Order to a Strat and move around your Enforcers. Their Bold ability will keep activating, and they will be able to double hit enemy champs quite regularly with Invig from Horn and Dictate. Over time, your Enforcers will get stronger with Dictate if you can keep them alive. These may be part of your end game. For the Enforcers, their upgrades should be Balance 1 and Res: Mag 3. For the Angels, equip one of them with Murder. This equip will rack up charges and allow him to double hit past high defensive champs or champs with Incorporeal with the Strike ability so that you can take them take quickly. Cast Consecrate under these to keep them healthy and Blessing of Al'Mara for added stats. Their upgrades should be Purified, which you need for tanking, and Charged Attack since this is not on the attack chain. Strats with Horn also help these quite well.

Your support units are first off Emerald Wings with Chain and Swap. Equip Shroud to one of these and keep them close to the Consecrate spell so that they can be regened. These will give you range and alt damage and will be quite diverse with Shroud. Your next one is the Priestess with Call Spear and HM 3. She brings more range, AOE with Spear, and healing. She is vital to this build. Your last one is the Flamemage with FN 3 and Cleansing Flame. She does not heal but does cleanse with Flame and debuff champs with Fester. She can also double nova with Flame and Magic once Throne is in play.

You also have a series of specialty champs. First is the Warstaff. He is a good all around champ who attacks with melee and range. He will help is some tight spots with all his attack options. The next is Jangar with FC 3 and FS 3. Maximize him with max upgrades and Channel because he is a specialty offensive weapon. Equip him with Oak Seed, and he will have a melee attack as well. Very versatile unit and the best at all out damage. The next is Mage of Lament with Hinder and PA 3. Equip him with Embrace, and he will font grab for you all day long. He will have Regen 2, Web (range attack), Depression, Drudgery, and Hinder. The enemy will get off maybe one attack. Cast Burning Crusade on him, and he will have double auras and a DOT effect. Let this unit run alone and capture fonts. The next one is Wizard with Teleport 2 and Relocate Relic. This guys brings a lot to the game. First, drop Bloom away from the front lines and let it propagate. Then, with Relocate Relic, bring healing to your units in the front. He can also relocate the Spears from the Priestess and thus extend AOE damage when enemy champs attack your Angels. These can also help your Enforcer's Bold ability by Granting Teleport. These can be useful in a pinch. Lastly, put your Artisan by your shrine for a few reasons. One, you should click Scry on your shrine to reveal your runes while Artisan rebuilds it with Mason. Also, along with Armory, he protects your KF equips with Craft. He is helpful.

Here are more general strategy tips for you. Wizards builds by nature are not strong defensively, even your Enforcers. They do not attack and parry like warrior builds. This is a tactical build. Nora and AP counts are necessary to keep up. Place your units in the right place for the right strike and don't waste. Because this build is tactical, it will require a higher learning curve and patience to get it down.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Kristian Skjold likes this.
  18. flash88

flash88 Member

Good tip,i think i ll use this bg you advised, i only want a split bg,not popular,a bg not for ranking but only for fun, but i like play with elements,i think fire and magical are good choices.
    Thanks for the tip i ll follow your advice

19. RedScarlet

Told u it lacks defensive capabilities. Your only defense is: I can kill them faster. Never works well.

Just go 2 enforcers, 2 marshalls for spam summons. Its a bit Goodstuff rank Bg, but you wouldn't be able to compete with many themes with a glass sword Bg like that.

If you wanna touch a niche theme, you kinda have to have some meta goodstuff that supports the theme ur aiming. In this case: Elven Strat, Enforcers, Marshalls

Archangel of Almara is too random. youre wasting some slots with random spells like Blessings of Almara. I understand if you use it for getting rid of Lumbering (boa, earth golem, etc), but it doesnt grant you enough benefits in your BG.

Warstaff is only good on paper. He's squishy in a non Dwarf BG (u dont have access to regal presence, paladin commander etc). Sure he has range and multiple type of imm and atk types, but he doesnt really contribute much other than a hit or miss champ. Even then, its like assuming your opponent only has 1-2 atk types. Which are almost improbable. He's good on paper but his role is weird. He doesnt do much damage, he's a font capper only if uou're lucky, and he doesn't tank, and doesn't debuff/support. He's an oddball. (E.g, Ive tried him in multiple BGs. Always subpar to other champs. I rarely find the chance to deploy him to get a board-turning turn).

You can go with the devoted stuff written above only if you go subrace angel theme, which is actually good but expensive: 2 angel of mercy, 2 spirit angel, 2 angel of rest, 2 angel of protect, 2 archangel, 1 avenging angel. The rest is support.

20. KPIC

@flash88 I would not use this advice if you are a lore driven player like me. @RedScarlet 's advice takes into account winning for winning's sake. All his recommendations make your build better, but it takes away from the lore and the challenge of winning outside of "enough meta" requirements. Lore driven builds, like the one I gave you, do not worry such things; they drive toward winning on what is there.