Paladins.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hekau718, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Hello.
    I'd like to see a Paladin bg. I'm on a 2 million budget. I know they are expensive, can a budget bg be even made? What about competitiveness?

Feedback appreciated.

2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

The majority of your bg will be exos and LEs, palys seems like one of the most expensive themes in Pox. For a budget version, the Ironfist Crusade bg is pretty good.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Also, Paladins are really strong. Never tried to run a budget Paladin BG.

5. Hekau718

Thank you! I glanced at that post before, didn't notice the paladin talk. Any clue how much the two Angels cost? In PoxBox credits for example. ( I know it depends on the runes, but this would give me a rough estimate at least.)

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Uhm, most people are going to want an overbid. So whatever their price is, then add like 50k-100k... Sorry I haven't traded a single rune in months.

I think it would be easier to acquire Angel of Protection if you had another Angel and did a 1:1 (maybe add a little sweet) if you can find it.

7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Unfortunately Paladins lack any real solid range outside the Angels, which is whats making them expensive. Shard up some runes and wait till Legendaries become forgeable and forge yourself some Angels then.

8. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

For me Paladins are about having fun and being annoying as fck with healing. I like to run Brubakers because of their stupidly high efficiency, and being able to charge 3 every turn is hilarious. I havent played in a long time though so take what I say with a grain of salt.

9. Arthas367

Arthas367 New Member

Well if your looking for pally related items take a look at my trade thread

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

paladin synergy is hunter fw. I am pretty sure.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Way more Protectorate faction players atm.

12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Paladins are still poorly developed. They do to much and are overtly too powerful because of it. They dont need anything, which is not interesting at all.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Could use ranged c/unc/r/ runes. Or a champ with detection. UV is nice though.

14. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

You might be able to put together a good Paladin deck with 2 million dollars. Oh, 2 million PB credits? Probably not.

You could put together a decent "budget" Paladin battlegroup, though.

Euan. Talgar with his equip. Brubaker Brothers x2. Master Axeman x2 with Axeman's Fate. Ironfist Minister. Northern Cross Priestess. Northern Cross Templar. Vengeant Knight.

More expensive ones if you can get: Angel of Protection, Angel of Mercy, Attendant Squire, Bastion the Avenger, Charger Knight. I'm not sure if Northern Cross Cardinal is worth it anymore.

Without the Angels you will lack in ranged champs. You may want to add range from outside Paladins.

Another thing you could do until you can obtain the more expensive runes is to run a hybrid Paladin/Dwarves, since several are already Dwarves, and with include the Drunken theme or the Boost Beast theme.

15. Hekau718

Thank you Gaedel. I'll keep that in mind. - Might go all out on Paladins. I've been playing more FW lately though. Does a FW split work on paladins?

16. Gaedel

Magnus the Fallen is IS/FW Paladin split hero. However, the Poxnora Gods abandoned the FW Paladins and made them Warriors instead. Obsidian Venger is the only FW FF Paladin left.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

DOG ruined lots of Bane Shift without even understanding the game well enough to recognize what they did.

18. Gaedel

I don't really understand why they didn't changed Obsidian Venger when they changed all others...maybe it was the Oblivion Shield... Egads!