Ancestral Avenger

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by IMAGIRL, Oct 23, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Figured I would make a thread for this. I am sure there are others.

Ancestral Avenger:

Remove Ghost from base. Add Vaporize.
    -1 base Defense.
    Base damage to 13 from 17.

Thoughts?

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Back when I was on the council, I suggested a change like this but it wasn't implemented. When thinking about a nerf, keep in mind what the change will do with the nora cost formula in mind, though. For example, your proposed change would make him cost 80 nora (assuming he loses Corporeal Form but keeps Phase Cleansing).

At any rate, I agree that as long as he keeps Ghost/Corporeal Form, he'll be a problem.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm not sure vaporise is much different to ghost/corporal form.

I guess it is a bit better in that he can always take a hit once per turn, but the problem at the moment is that he shrugs off one hit per turn easily.

Ethereal might be a better solution in that it allows one rounding and means he can't stomp face every turn.

4. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I second the Ethereal proposition.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I am not saying that I want my change, just that one needs to happen. If you remember correctly when the new nora formula happened. Gedden said that he retained the ability to go back in an +/- the nora ost. Even this does drop him to 80. Gedden can easily bump him back to 90+

Leadrz likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The problem I see with Ethereal is that in KF Mobility is everywhere. He can literally be a Guerrilla Bear. Yes he will have 1 entire round of being not immune. However it is very easy to play around with positioning to evade most of the issues.

Leadrz likes this.
  7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

What about giving him phase shift? That pretty much same as ethereal but force him to spend ap to get incorporeal?

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Gedden can do a manual change, like has done with boghopper shaman