Meat. Meat EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TeaScholar, Oct 14, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i ment spell after repourpose

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Uhh. I don't know.. o_O

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wake the Dead

4. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

The only problems I've had with cheap meat bgs is swarm champs, stitched and big beefy champs like Bastion that can just walk through wimpy weak champs.

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Speaking of meat, super cheap meat is OP.
    I was once very badly losing in a skirmish (against a Lonx deck on the ST lake map T.T) and was down to zero fonts (I might have screwed myself over by deploying Tome and Tomb too early).
    However, I had two copies each of Crawling Corpse, Moga Zombie, and Afflicted Corpse, all with their AoE attacks (Locust Swarm and Disease Breath).

I ended up spawning one every turn and, with support from a Stitched Seamstress, managed to barf aoe damage at the Lonx until enough of them died for me to stage a comeback..

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

decay not a thing anymore?

7. Leadrz

Decay + inhibited dont do well.

8. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

I love decay, counter perfectly muker and angels, especially because cleanse is a thing.

9. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Man i got a ton of expensive fw runes when i decided i would play this faction for a while and ill tell ya im having just as much fun with the common weenies

Nite2kill likes this.
  10. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Preaching to the choir @TheBulwark . I haven't been able to run ANY of the high end FW runes that I bought with my own cold hard Firking cash before the revamp. It is the reason I will never buy anything for this game EVER. AGAIN.

11. Leadrz

I brought 1-2 packs.
    Got the thing.

Nerfed.

Traded for firk diplomat.
    Nerfed.
    Bogwood mireoak (debateable nerf)
    I collect fs and general consensus is nerf.

Alstgough relating to fw. I had go trade away bloodbindrs cause bad. And nevdr get to use gold serkan.

12. TheBulwark

No those decks are great still, im just having more fun with weenies :)

13. TheBulwark

Ill use ur gold serkan!

14. Leadrz

Hhaha, i'd only trade it for a gold kartch :p

15. TheBulwark

Drats!

16. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Cheap meat decks are wonderful. I'll throw my hat into the ring with this deck: http://poxbase.com/deck/C4Tc6c74c3qC6qc93C9fCdYCw4CuJCu+c4ns56sgs12sns60r3lr1IrTr1EJ

It has more of a focus on efficiency rather than pure meat spam, but the upside is that it deals with tough champs much more easily. Deathcaster is a wonder, and though his up front cost is high, if you manage to grab his globe with a Creeper, he ends up costing about 30 nora. Simply Death Pact a tank then send him in for a bombing run to profit.

Shanks are a personal favorite, but boy do they ever come in handy. They have natural synergy with Dusk Creeper, usually netting you a kill for around 40 nora if you grab both globes. Mindshanks are still very efficient, and are essentially free. The main reason I run them is for "anti-equip"; because they are always off CD, if you know the opponent is wanting to equip that Grimlic with a Demon Shield, just keep spamming Mindshank on him to prevent this. The speed debuff is also useful for dancing around fonts with your slower meat.

I've been toying with different combinations of Broken Bones and Bile Zombie. Both have their uses, though Bones is more about utility while Bile is straight damage. Blood Fiend is there to be fast; taking Exertion 3 makes him 11 speed first turn, which is unheard of in any other faction (even KF, who needs a Wind Sprinter to achieve the same).

And finally, while Ethereal Soldier is a wee bit "meta" for my tastes, there's no denying his place in a cheap meat build. For 60 nora, you're getting decent damage, tankiness, and the excellence of Hex 3. Wrap it all together with Bird for more nora gen and this deck can hold its own vs. many of the top decks.

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  17. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Highly appreciated input Jazzman.

I would say your bg looks much much closer to my meta, definitely has its differences though.

I haven't messed around with deathcaster. Sounds like a fun time.

And it's probably worth mentioning that I made the bg that this topic was about, without ranked play in mind really at all. At least in terms of when I made the bg.

The concept was to use all of the little champs that I wanted to see on the field that would never see play because of something else being better use of a slot.

If I were going for efficiency I wouldn't go near bile zombie or broken bones/bone trap even though they have their purposes and usefulness.

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

decay is weak, becoming weaker.

19. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

its too much enforcer is a leg all those champs are exo or less

TheBulwark likes this.