Firk Diplomat

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by alkaline89, Oct 22, 2014.

1. alkaline89

alkaline89 The King of Potatoes

Not really playin fs atm but that guy is way to expensive 95 nora are u serious
    with 80 nora hes pretty bad and 95 :D

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Firk diplomat is sandbagged to hell by mindwipe aura 2(12nora) and marsh awakening(12nora). Remove those 2 abilities and his cost will fall to 73 nora at minimum. Replace mindwipe aura and marsh awakening with two abilities that will synergize with his rune flavor and empower his race and faction. For ideas I read the rune text: "Beware negotiations with the speechless Firk. They will know your words before they reach your lips". - Voil Queen to her Messenger. Knowing what someone is going to say before they say it indicates to me that this firk is versed in psychological warfare, and the caution the Voil Queen uses when using the word beware denotes fear. I suggest pyschological warfare(8 nora) in combo with fear rank 1(2nora) which will give diplomate a cost of 83 nora. As for his second upgrade line I think we could add more variety and lessen the cost further. I was thinking for his second upgrade line to add more variety to use this upgrade line:
    a. majestic rank 1(9nora)
    b. mental net(6nora)
    c. madness(3nora)

My presentation is finished. Thoughts, insights, and rude remarks are all welcome. Feel free to give suggestions I might have not thought of. If you are interested in helping check out www.poxbase.com and proceed to the ability list top right corner is where the psychic abilities are listed under provision.

3. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I agree on those 2 abilities needing to go. I don't think he has anything to do with fear though, rather other kinds of mind games could be in order, for example: Confuse, Confuse Attacker, Restraining Aura, Psychic Magnetism (This one I think could be pretty cool).

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Psychic Magnetism, and Confuse Attacker would be an interesting combo on him.

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

psychic magnetism(8nora) + Confuse attacker(6nora)=14+73 for 87 nora diplomat. better than 95 but still pricey. Good suggestions maybe we can give him cheaper upgrades in second upgrade path and get him into low 80's.

6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

How about adding Confuse Attacker on upgrade path 2 and Psy Magnetism on base? That way he's around 80 nora, or even slightly less.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

For me. The FS bonus means the first thing I do that turn is 6 nora cheaper. If I am spending 87 Nora. He's essentially 81.

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Keep mindwipe i'd say. main reason he was run for mindwipe 3... for me anyway.
    HE could be simple with multi atk, mindwipe on bas. idk.
    i doubt he is tanky enough for psychic magnetisim.

@RAID< why factor faction bonuses in, like... most factions can outdo us in 1nora with 1 champion.. so not worth including i'd say.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Fair point. However I have one as well. If your not including your FB in your planning when you make a bg. Then your doing it wrong.

Factor in the bonus after balance is done. Which I just did. We "set" him to 87. I said I like it since he becomes 81. If you factor in the bonus before balance then its not a bonus anymore. ;)

Leadrz likes this.
  10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Fair enough and dw i factor in bonuses, i like to split fs/sp ;D

11. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I remember he used to have Distract. Was Awesome in combination with Majestic.

Leadrz likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I love to as well.

13. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

So i did a complete Rework of this guy - Basically left all the stats the same - Changed 2 base abilities and changed all his upgrade abilities

The idea is basically getting him cheaper and making him useful so i turned him into a support/healing unit (Since he is a priest) with some swiss army knife abilities

Amphibious
    Annex
    Attack Psychic
    (Marsh Awakening changed to Divert) - Minus 2 nora
    (Mindswipe Aura changed to Empathy) - Minus 7 Nora

Then changed his upgrades like so -
    2 ranks of Majestic changed to 3 Ranks of Heal Self
    2 Ranks Multiattack changed to Guarded: Firk and Grant: Psychic Aura

So i would mostly run him with Guarded:Firk i think to combo with Divert and use Heal Self 3 to combo with Empathy and hed a pretty solid unit i think and of course have Grant Aura there too to play with if you want it instead of Guarded.

The Lowest Rank of Majestic costs 3 more nora than the Highest Rank of Heal Self so the final unit would be around 83 Nora i think and look like this
    83 Nora
    Ambhibious
    Annex
    Attack Psychic
    Divert
    Empathy
    Upgrades
    Heal Self 3
    Guarded: Firk

If he still seems too expensive we could add Divert to the chain with Guarded, and grant Aura and that would give him another - 10 making him 73 Nora.
    But then wouldnt be able to combo Divert with Guarded. Either one would be a ton better than he is now

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014