Sonic Flight @ 8 Nora

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Raikan, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

According to Poxbase:

Flight = 6 nora (note: this gives 2 additional ranks of sentry, whereas sonic flight only gives the condition flying without the additional ranks of sentry--I'm confirming in game)
    Vuln Sonic = -3 nora
    Evasive 1 = +3 nora

BUT Sonic Flight = 8 nora

How does that add up?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

3. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Murkwater Frenzy= 5 nora. It costs less than dogpile!
    grants amphibious (1 nora), carnivore (6 nora), and multiattack (8,10,14 per rank) is another snaptooth is near.
    At its best the ability is worth 21 nora. How does that add up?

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Sonic Flight is fine as is though.

5. Raikan

I don't think this is a good comparison because the multi-attack is conditional (i.e. depends on positioning) and because that condition requires increasing several champions' vulnerabilities to AOE. At least 7 nora seems warranted (although carnivore is clearly overcosted as an ability).

In addition, murkwater frenzy is a benefit (i.e. the champ might be getting abilities too cheap). Here, voil are paying MORE. If each of those abilities was instead placed on a champion separately (i.e. vuln sonic, flying, and evasive 1), not only would it cost 2 nora less, but the champion would be better because it would also get Sentry 2.

RedScarlet and Ballballer like this.
  6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

This and many other cost discrepancies have been pointed out. Whether anything gets done is purely in the hands of green folks.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Dogpile is pretty overcosted, at over half the cost of Sunder with less than half the effect.

Or maybe Sunder is just undercosted...?

8. Raikan

I think Sunder has just about the right cost. It's 8 nora for +2 damage for each attack after the first. If you think about most champions, what's the average # of attacks that are used to kill them...4? They might have enough hp to require 5 attacks, but typically there won't be enough champions nearby to execute 5 attacks in one turn, so a spell or relic is used to one-round. In a 4 attack scenario, sunder will end up adding 6 damage (+2 damage for 3 attacks) for 8 nora.

If you compare that to other damage abilities, sunder might even be slightly overcosted: mark is only 5 nora (but is more conditional compared to sunder); rend 1 adds 5 damage for 3 nora (although it takes more time and can't stack); and stat bonus damage +3 is 6 nora (but could will add the same amount of damage as sunder if a champion double taps).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014