Updating Forsaken Wastes Public Deck

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Senshu, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Which deck you would most like to see as the next Forsaken Wastes Public Deck?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. BoneGrave

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. DeadMeat

14 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Toil and Trouble

30 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. DeathToll

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. The Chopping Block

14 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware the public decks have been in need of some updating given all the changes to Runes. As such we have been working together with the Player Council to put together several new Public Decks. The council went around and pulled together many different deck ideas that show the possibilities of this faction.

We want all of you to vote for which decks you would like to replace the existing Public Decks. Each forum account can vote for 1 deck per faction. All of these decks have been designed to be comparable as possible to each other and the other factions' Public Decks.

Note: Public Decks are the static decks you earn from playing the Walkthrough Campaigns or purchase from the Training Match deck selection.

BoneGrave
    Generate a cascade of skeletons to overpower your foes through attrition and reinforcement. Expendable troops allow you to either reinforce your skeletal army or throw them as fodder at enemies that refuse to die. Use your boost champs to amount a wall of bone.

DeadMeat
    Nothing says it better then a gurgling moan and the shamble of inevitable doom. DeadMeat allows you to summon a plethora of efficient zombies that while slow can overwhelm the opponent if they are not careful. These waves won't be friendly for your enemy.

Toil and Trouble
    A slow death awaits your foes as the coven prepares a myriad of curses and hexes to stall their well laid plans. Powerful spells hinder your enemies and allow your devoted minions to siphon strength as their forces attrition to dust.

DeathToll
    A combination of the most efficient and effective champions with ranged area of effect abilities. The champions don't seem like much but when backed up with a death harvester or dusk creeper you seek to win with nora and attrition. Equipping Serkan with Vendetta also allows you to grow a truly frightful ranged unit to make enemies cower.

The Chopping Block
    Having trouble with campaigns? Try Raining Down the damage on those unsuspecting units and then mop up the survivors. A slow back end battle group that deals damage from afar to punish large overconfident armies.

We are open to any suggestions regarding summaries and quotes for these decks. This Poll will be open until October 30th.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Please do not push DeadMeat forward as is if it wins. You've got 8 potential bad rune drops on first draw that can only move 5 spots or less, even better of a chance ruining the second turn. Big drops are out of wack for price dark knight and moragen are two opposites of how you want to play your zombies. If you are swarming you put Moragen and if you are pushing a beater heavy line up/ lich split you want dark knight.Wandering zombie and Zombie behemoth are fighting for a spot they both fill and font protection or font contesting tank. All of the staple melee beaters like abomination, bone crusher , corpse golem and bladed corpse are all missing . No lost queen. It doesn't have to be super meta but this deck looks to give the wrong impression before it hits the ground.

3. iBlu

iBlu New Member

As far as I am concern, I belive the only public deck that can be played by new players whiout big problems is Toil and Trouble, it is the most balanced of them, the other suggestions have an extremley hard to understand mechanic for new players, specially DeadMeat and DeathToll.

Morfeas likes this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

were can we view what is in the deck we are voting for?

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Click the name of the BG, they're poxbase links

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. OriginalG1

lol, thank you Spieky! You are a gentlemen and a scholar!

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Only one vote? herm.... It's a toss up between skeletons/zombies/witches.

8. OriginalG1

i was thinking death troll or zombies, went zombies.

9. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Wow, this is a tough choice! Skeletons, Zombies, Witches, Liches, Serkan. If I was a newer player I think I would enjoy Witches. Inkblight x2, Rip x2, Frostvein x2. Love it!

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Skellies it is!

11. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Toil n trouble would be way easyer to play for noobs.

12. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I don't LOVE any of these.

Skeletons have their strengths but the deck is a deck you have to manage quite well to get its full potential.
    The other factions PD's are straightforward and strong.
    Skeletons don't need 2 graveyards or 2 altars. Its playing to a dream in my opinion.
    In a true match getting out both yards and altars are huge nora hits that seasoned players learn to plan and compensate for.
    This isn't something new players should have to think about or get punished for.
    They will learn these things over time, right now they just need good strong simple decks to immerse themselves into the game and the faction and get hooked.
    Also i dont like that the skeleton deck crutches on Dead Altar combo. Not recommended for new players and i dont think other new players would enjoy facing it. It isn't reliable either.

Zombay!
    If desecration and snuff and an elsarian night were out i think it would be alot better.
    Its ranged options are poor compared to other decks, yet it's attrition and cheap meat are strong to compensate.
    I think there are some better spells/equips/relics we could lend the deck to make it better.
    I dont think that we need 2 of so many runes in alot of these decks either.

Witches

No. Just no.
    I understand the ease to play, however seasoned players have struggled with this archetype and also the supporting spells in the BG may seem useful and strong in a vet vs vet environment but among noobs they will be sandbags.
    Soulbane, mobi, hex doll, and banner is all id keep from the non champ runes.
    Rip witch is good, Frostvein is good, cackling is great cheap support harasser, Swordmage is good.
    Magelord takes some skill to play and strategizing since he is so squish.
    Follower isn't worth her cost, and weak.
    Seductress is decent at best, Hex makes her the most useful.
    Inkblight is good but she is expensive and needs to be managed well to get her full usefulness out. Otherwise she's not much to speak of.
    I have reservations at some of the champs, however its the supporting non champs i really cringe over.
    This will be one of the weaker decks if released like this, much like FW spirit deck in PD are right now.

New Kids on the Block

I think Chopping block can be very fun and entertaining aswell as very frustrating depending on the game.
    Seasoned players know how to utilize the deck. When you build a 'trick' deck like this you build it to its strengths and have in your mind how to execute it.
    I believe new players can grasp this deck and will love it when it works.
    I think that new players playing against it will hate it when it works.
    I think that new players playing this when getting rushed down or playing vs a 'stronger' deck will get frustrated with the little responses they have.
    Chopping decks are a very particular deck that you have to want to play. Its a different pacing and MO to the whole thing.
    Its not a typical deck and it doesn't fit in with all the rest. This could be confusing to new players and also may teach them bad habits.
    This could be a great deck, purely from the entertainment and 'relative' ease to play.
    I also see the other side where its infuriating and frustrating to new players using it unsuccessfully and others having it used successfully against them being that it isn't interactive as most decks and 'cheeses'.

DEATH TOLL!

This is the one i'd vote for since it has ALOT of what the wastes are about.
    You have attrition with tome x tomb.
    You have Biles for shrine protection, font capping.
    You have cheap meat with corpses.
    You have the Hero King himself laying down supressing fire and commanding the shambling shells to victory.
    You have his loyal knights to guard him and redefine there purpose if needed right after a swift heavy strike to an enemy.
    You have reincarnation with the headless zomb.
    You have doom to get rid of problem enemies, great for noobs who need to take care of threats.
    You have moga to breath disease with the crawling for support and more meat.
    You have harvester taking in nora for all the destruction and death ensuing,
    You have the fallen footsoldiers getting stronger with each strike and disarming the enemy while sustaining itself as it slays its foes.
    Bazaar for clutch AP and Mobi for Crutch AP.

Its all the wastes are, wrapped into one BG with competitive yet simple components.
    Efficient deck with great strengths and easy to use that encompasses the wastes identity.

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Chopping block just because of it's unique playstyle. Gives new players a taste early on of how to develop strategies that aren't champ centric. Other decks can be unlocked for fairly cheap so this doesn't lock new players into a deck they can't use well.

14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Wont Death Toll's Vendetta/Serkan combo be going soon?

I mean, you guys said the champion specific equipment was something you weren't happy with.

15. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Well the voting process is over. A big thanks to everyone who participated.