Updating Shattered Peaks Public Decks

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Senshu, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Which deck you would most like to see as the next Shattered Peaks Public Deck?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. Sky Empire

22 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Moga Pile

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. King of the Ooze

15 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Mysterious Alliance

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. Forgotten Titans

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware the public decks have been in need of some updating given all the changes to Runes. As such we have been working together with the Player Council to put together several new Public Decks. The council went around and pulled together many different deck ideas that show the possibilities of this faction.

We want all of you to vote for which decks you would like to replace the existing Public Decks. Each forum account can vote for 1 deck per faction. All of these decks have been designed to be comparable as possible to each other and the other factions' Public Decks.

Note: Public Decks are the static decks you earn from playing the Walkthrough Campaigns or purchase from the Training Match deck selection.

Sky Empire
    Voil!

Moga Pile
    Cheapmeat spam and G'hern surge buildup.

King of the Ooze
    Slag ooze and zoning/relocation Deck.

Mysterious Alliance
    Hyaenid/Djinn Deck based with small serf of the Djinn module.

Forgotten Titans
    Theme: Tribal Hut Deck with some other clops Brute force Deck that builds up and favors skirmishes on multiple fronts rather than one.

We are open to any suggestions regarding summaries and quotes for these decks. This Poll will be open until October 30th.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Gotta go for them moagz, but no cultural contamination makes me sad

PurpleTop likes this.
  3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I'm going with Voil here. The other decks aren't bad choices but Voils is purely my favorite SP choice.

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Came in ready to insta-vote Voil. But that lineup is SO.DAMN.UGLY that I'm gonna go with Cyclops. I distinctly remember how G'hernbound had drove me away from SP back in 2008 so Moga will (biased) never my choice for beginner SP. DMR pls dont hurt me

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I vote Voil. I think it includes many of the core SP features--swarms, warcry, surge--and is pretty strong with boost, lift/windstriker and will likely come with a pretty standard spell/support/equip set, and is less likely to be the target of a future patch requiring rebalancing the decks once again (i.e. cyclops and hyaenids and djinn and slags probably will be). While moga are another viable option, I agree with Morfeas that the g'hernbound mechanic was frustrating to me as a new player.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  6. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Woffleet likes this.
  7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I think Slag bg captures the knockback and wierdness aspect of SP quite nicely, so that's where my vote went. Nids bg looks good too, Voils are such a lame theme that I couldn't vote for em even though the bg looks pretty good.

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I vote for Hyaenid because the line up both looks good and Hyaenids as a theme is something I think will make New Players into SP players. (Though it lacks a lot of Serf to the Djinn champions.)
    I would vote Voil, however I remember when I came back to the game, it was very fun creating my own Voil deck, which can be very easily done. (Was easy back then, even more easy now.)

9. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Idk who made these but the voil deck is the only one that's decent.

10. AKHolic

AKHolic The King of Potatoes

The slag BG highly captures the gist of SP but looks like voil is going to get most votes

11. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

For folks voting for the slag bg, it has 9 champions with 5 speed or less (7 if you discount the baby slag b/c of accrue). Do we really want new players banging their head against that draw-loss wall?

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Well the voting process is over. A big thanks to everyone who participated.