Commander Elf & Commander Ranger not stacking

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Fikule, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

First, I know Commander abilities don't stack.

But these are two separate Commander abilities and they don't stack with each other.

i.e. an Elf Ranger will not gain both Commander bonuses.

Either allow them to stack or change the wording of Commander abilities to say "Commander abilities do not stack".

I would also like to point out that Commander Ranger is pretty redundant in a ranger BG right now as the unit with Commander Elf is also a Ranger anyway, which at first I thought was the synergy of the commander abilities, until I noticed that they were not stacking.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I don't think this is a bug...They never stacked. Says on the ability 'this ability does not stack'.

They are triggered for different classes/races, but they both grant the 'commanded' buff which only is allowed once.

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

That's my point though. It says "This ability does not stack".

Commander: Elf and Commander: Ranger are not the same ability, they are not both covered by "This ability...".

They should either stack or it should say "Commander abilities do not stack".

Otherwise it's just wrong.

Redsunsinking likes this.
  4. Redsunsinking

Redsunsinking New Member

New player chiming in, just ran into this- the wording is confusing.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Interesting conflict. It is clear either the ability has a bug, or the description is wrong. @Senshu #MoreworkforGedden

Redsunsinking likes this.
  6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

I would say the description is not exact enough. Basically all the commander abilities are the same.

soulmilk likes this.
  7. Redsunsinking

Redsunsinking New Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll inform the Elven Scribes.:p