Warogg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Just trade out Unstoppable with something like Tough 2 or Resilient and he falls into line.

2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Nerf him by giving him combat awareness.

Vorian, Pedeguerra and BurnPyro like this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

why is unstoppable and berserk so OP? Because no one else has something like that on base? That's like crying that you don't have the same toys as another kid

I can get the physical resistant being only 1 nora, but come on, how many champs get to have that combo and it fits perfect in UD as they are unstoppable berserkers who rely on rushing in and killing Bane Shift. I could do with removing both and just buffing stats, anyone know the cost on him after something like that?

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'm astonished that nobody remembered cyclops battlefiend as an example. He was 66 nora, and after gathering the required damage for his battlefiend ability, he'd have 15 damage, 10 speed, 6 def and unstoppable base. Now he still has the stats but lost 1 def, and also lost unstoppable, and costs 80 nora. I can also remind you (SL players don't turn your faces away) of how Erupt was bashed when the traps had shadowspawn, and now everyone seems to ignore the double minefields. I'm tired of seeing mistakes being corrected just to be made again on the next patch.

Warogg is overpowered because all his nora is focused on his tanking capabilities. He doesn't need damage because he has UD bonus and enrage, making him a killing machine with 7(SEVEN) base damage.

This has been an issue on UD, cheap champions going along too well with faction bonus because of abilities.

An about the ST bashing: IMAGIRL, are you goddam serious? Arctic gift? I only use it in ONE of my BG's, and I'm sure that the only problem it should cause is when combined with spell shift(which should be removed but I wouldn't do it because I value my life) and adaptive, which I never liked and never used in a ranked game.

I find tundra whisper the biggest offender right now: he makes many champions useless, and others way stronger than they should be, including Juya who is a hero, enough said about her.

But yea, ability synergy is a big problem now that champion costs aren't completely arbitrary, but I think it's not impossible to fix.

5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Erupt was a problem because those shadowspawned relics contested. And I'm not sure why you seem to think minefield hasn't been complained about. Plenty of ppl, myself included, haven't cried for nerfs for minefield.

And as to Juya being a hero, nuff said. It's really not. Yes, she is a hero, which is a problem in and of itself at present, but she is also a fatty with flying and is thus getting that nice discount while negating the majority of the weaknesses of fatties. She also has a rather fancy equipment that makes her an 8 range mobile death platform that she gets at a discount when applied.

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

If st players were actually good at using declare target, juya would be that much worse to face

Skeezick, SPiEkY and SaintKiwi like this.
  7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

While I actually like the whole faux asian kungfu smurf theme, I do believe this to be true.

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

But then again who am I without 2 whispers?

badgerale likes this.
  9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The issue with Berserk and Unstoppable is that you end up getting all the stats that it provides at a discount. Not unlike the issue folks have with Loyalty.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't know who IMAGIRL is ingame, but she seems far from an authority on balance issues.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Monyx, Pedeguerra and Ballballer like this.
  11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Hilariously so

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Unstopabble + Berserker is bad to the game.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  13. freebie219

freebie219 Member

more liek bad to the bone imo

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Surprisingly, synergy is good for the game.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

/facepalm

16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

He isn't on the top of the list for nerfs but he is op. He just has to much damage output and great survivability for something that cost in the 60 nora range.

17. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

lol its pretty funny all these ppl picking on this poor guy that decided to speak up about warogg. Its also funny that many of you are comparing him to champions in other factions when comparing nerf necessity. you dont argue that a rune doesnt need a nerf by comparing it to a different champ that also needs a nerf. when u have 2 bees buzzing around your head u dont swat one of them cause one of them is a prettier shade of yellow while allowing the other one to destroy your face......
    you kill both the #$%^s.

Get off your high horses. stop jumpin on bandwagons to pick on people that speak up about runes. and for christ's sake when comparing nerf necessity dont compare it to a rune in another faction. compare it to a rune in the SAME faction. if your comparing it to runes in UD then your arguements will have alot less fallacy. but still not that much less. unstoppable and berserker shouldnt be on the same champ. its not like its gonna hurt the guy much....they have priestess to move everything around. instead of 2 OMG you just got your face ***** attacks, u might possibly only just get 1....possibly.

ALSO why is berserk attack the cheapest ability on his chain when its far better than damage shield physical rank 1. if you want ap then unstoppable should be switched out for exertion rank 2 or 3. this would be alot better balance since he will damage himself to kill others. and after he gets thru raping face and his hp is low. then he can just be sacrificed.

Edit* as DMR mentioned in another thread. Unstoppable really shouldnt allow for bypassing berkserker. if this was fixed he would probably be ok.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  18. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

UD was my first faction in the game, i have precious memories about his unique playstyle, i suffer in first-hand all the nerfs , each patch- a couple the nerf at UD ( IS and ST nevers get a important nerf or a adjustment champion-stats for his faction bonus), then SOE buffs a 3 UD meta champions ( gloombingers- demon vein- soulthirsters) and UD has a moment of glory . In this moment, UD loses all his range potential for regrets at his melee playstyle, and now the boys are crying about a melee rune? JUya, AA, Paladins, Archers with teleport and 15 dmg , colossal Boa, in part haunting grip, and the + 1 ap in IS and ST stills ruining the fun in early game.

No UD Nerfs, stops , No more MeTA decks in the game, we needs the racials themes again(Cost reductions in key champions and free abilities for support), Meta decks is very bad for the diversity the game.

Add vulnerabilities for a readjustment cost in overcosted champions.

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I really like warogg like this, UD has very few 7 speed champs after the revamp its kinda sad.
    i know people will say what about priestess and summon demons, yes that is good but i like to have runes that dosn't need to rely on that to move.
    the only few other fast moving champions we have in UD is succubus and AOP who, has got both flying and 7 speed but succubus is expensive no one really her abilities are not that greatand her abilities are not that great
    we also got caverunner and kaiser but they are very situational and not as good as succubus and AOP

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Punctuation. Get some.

MEATMAN likes this.