Free summons and free units are still a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Oct 27, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It's been said a million times this needs changed or fixed to much free meat = no more strategy needed.

2. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

If it has been said a million times then I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. You don't give any specifics about the problem or offer ways to fix the issue at all so it seems like this thread is just a complaint. Is this a problem with casual play, ranked play, campaigns, skirmishes or tournaments? Is it a specific faction that has this as an issue more than any other or is it an overall issue with the game design? Full Faction or Split What champion in particular embodies the problem you are seeing? Are these free summons/units from Champion abilities, spells, relics?

I may be wrong since I am new to the forums and don't have a grasp on all the problems that have already existed, but it doesn't seem like a productive use of time to post these type of messages that do nothing but whine. If this is a problem wouldn't a reply in a similar thread be a better place for this type of message rather than polluting the forums with extra messages that accomplish nothing.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's also unproductive to whine about whines.

(It just so happens that whining about whines whining about whines is extremely productive. )

AKHolic likes this.
  4. Tack

Tack New Member

Gosh, Baskit. Why all the recursion?

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

He likes to whine about whines about whines.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Free X is too good.

Award winning theory.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Free OJ he aint do it

8. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

So you must be illiterate (that means unable to to read/write) as well as hypocritical then if that is all you have to say about this post. I asked several questions in an attempt to clarify what the topic was about and have yet to receive a response that further elaborates on what the original poster what complaining about. Without someone shedding some light on what super71 is referencing to this entire thread seems less than productive. Now troll comments such as the one I quoted could be your only contribution to this game, and you have every right to that insignificant contribution. But, personally I like this game so far and would be happy if people could be helpful when a new member posts and asks questions about something. That super71, and presumably millions more according to the post, feels is a major issue in the game is something a new person would like to know about.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I can't fix dumb. L2learn

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please educate me.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

3+3=gtfo

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Noted.

More please senpai. I will practise hard.

13. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

If you could fix stupid you wouldn't be having your current problems in life. Unfortunately I can't fix your problem of being stupid.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oooh snap.

Such a witty and thought out burn. 3rd grade beware, there's a new sheriff in town.

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

OOOOOOOOOoooo that was Firking lame

16. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

Back on topic...

I find most summon abilities are balanced in the fact that the units are either very poor meat, or are on units that have very little purpose other than to pump out units; The exception to this being Dwarven Tinkerer/Engineer.

I think swarm is a much more bullshit ability concept.

17. Zero

Zero Active Member

Swarm is really crazy when spammed all over. Zombie Apocalypse can be rough if done correctly also.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Except swarm champs got neutered into oblivion.

19. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

None* of the current swarm mobs are good enough to be of much use, and are hard to balance.

*Except Hyenid instigator, maybe polar ant

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The problem with summons is they are free, any summon in the game can be a game changer whether it has 5 damage or ten. The reason this is because pox is a strategy game where anything free is an advantage to the person summoning. Another reason why free summons are a problem is because they can place relics which can contest fonts and nobody has any problems running in free meat to contest a font. The third and fourth problems with free summons is that they pick up nora globes and board control.

What i mean by board control is they can be positioned to defend ur font or attack your opponents font in the process you need to expend ap to get rid of the summons. Their are also very few units with sever summons in the game and few other counters if any.

So basically it can't be narrowed down to free summons being from champs or spells or relics because overall the free meat is a problem with every faction because of their many uses and they are free. I suppose swarms could also be thrown in their although as of late swarms aren't seen as much.