Pox community and Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leadrz, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I think the reason, that we give the pox nora devs a hard time because we have been with this game through a couple of change managements and want to see this game flourish.

Does anyone agree with me? or is my hypothesis wrong?

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Not really. Had I first started playing Pox a year ago, witnessing the progress of the game during the past year would force the same reaction out of me. The main problem is the number of problems the game has, which have not been addressed in quite a period of time.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Yeah i understand that's what i mean't too.
    But yes,. bug fixes are a big worry when nothing has been done.

4. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

think of who is from near the begging of the game *cough cough * >_<

5. Morfeas

I always assume everyone on the forums is a pre-2009 player unless otherwise stated, because if they weren't I don't see why they would still be here.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Fighting the good fight.

7. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'll agree that the devs are taking it slow, but I'm patient; *****ing on an internet forum hasn't helped anyone.

8. Morfeas

On the contrary, pressure has helped thousands.

9. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

Unnecessary haste leads to mistakes, and we can't afford another big mistake.

mortal ix likes this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The change of devs (because who actually owns the game has little meaning in this sense to me) from Corpse to Sok to no one to alpha to no one to Gedden has had quite the negative impact on the overall rate of progress. Each dev comes in and remakes the game a little. That being said, they've all actually progressed the game, Gedden included.

The emotion on these forums is higher this time around. I think the reason is because, due to the company name change, we all see this as Pox's last chance. The game is important to us and I hope Gedden realizes that this is the root of everyone's anxiety. This is what causes us frustration when he releases on steam at the wrong time, this is why we wish he'd get balance right, by help if necessary until he knows the game well enough. I, and others, just feel that we can not afford these mistakes.

But he has shown us time and again that he's only interested in his own perspective and he has also shown us that his perspective has huge flaws and that he cannot or refuses to recognize those flaws.

I'm not saying I have the answers but I have a few answers and so does about 50 other people on these forums.

My own trepidation comes from not knowing if the game can survive long enough for him to figure this all out on his own.

It would be a shame to come all this way, through all these devs and vacant chair periods, just to have the game fall on one man's pride.

11. Morfeas

Thankfully there's no unnecessary haste here.

Baskitkase likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well said, sir.