So now I remember why I prefer poxbox to the trader...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gwyndionnz, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

The problem with "sharding" (or is it sharting?) is that Poxbox is usually cheaper so it defeats the purpose. If they improve the exchange rate for the shard store that will drive the prices down. Adding LEGs will help as well. Also, re-release Harbingers, Doomies, Angels, Aspects, Grimthir. Christmas is coming up and I think a popular sell will be Harbinger holiday reskins. Then they do not have to re-release the originals. Maybe do that every year, one year Holiday Harbies, nexty year Holiday Doomies, then Holiday Angels, Holiday Aspects and then repeat the rotation.

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

As much as we all hate price inflation and trade sharks , I dont think we can deny the fact that Pox would have almost certainly died had PoxBox not been around to provide access to runes to the few players who stuck around/ones who came back during the long term of inactivity before DOGz took over. Rune accessibility is still an issue, shards need to start being rewarded with games/campaigns with Legendaries added to the forge, they could even sell Shards in the store and coincide the price with the shard cost of Exos/legs which would kind of make it like the single rune store again.

3. Gaedel

Completely agree. I'm not sure if I would have stuck it out in the early days if it wasn't for Poxbox and the rune pools.

I love the idea of being able to purchase shards in the Marketplace!

4. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Poxbox is wildly cheaper than shards. It's a lot cheaper than those terrible trash-exo for great exo trades on the trader. IMO, people who hate pox box just hate that their runes aren't valuable on the market.

5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Say what you want but I will take poxbox high prices over getting scammed or having to having these trade sharks make up high prices on runes they aren't even worth. Its complicated to even find anything you want from anyone on pox if they aren't a friend or in your guild. Poxbox is what kept pox alive for those months Sony vanished I wish that weren't the case but it is.

6. Gaedel

If it wasn't for Poxbox Poxnora would be dead. DOG would not have even had the chance to rescue it from SOE. I would say the majority of players use Poxbox. I would also say the majority of the players that say they hate Poxbox has used it in the past. The majority of the players that say they hate Poxbox probably has their collection pretty much complete. They say they hate Poxbox now because the only way they can obtain the harder-to-get runes is to pay Poxbox's price, which is what causes their hatred. I would even say some of the people that say they hate Poxbox still uses it. Paying Poxbox's price, or even Pox Bros. price is much better than paying scammers and cheats. If you are a newer player and you don't use Poxbox or Pox Bros., you will not have a very easy job building up a complete collection, unless you buy a veteran out, which will cost an arm and a leg (and maybe a testicle).

Sunutsu and jeeperz2 like this.
  7. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I was playing exclusively SL(or some splits) before skipping the game for a year or two, and when came back I felt the need to change the faction to get the fresh experience out of the game. Tell me, how would faction swapping be possible without poxbox?

jeeperz2 likes this.
  8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

ONCE AGAIN;
    The Cur/exotic part of poxbox is fine.
    The limited/legendary is not. All of them are monopolized so he can price them as high as he wishes, and he's doing so under the guise of "helping the community".

9. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

The barrier to entry in this market is literally 0. That everyone sells to him instead of you suggests he offers better trades. It's cute that you try to use the word monopoly like an adult, but a monopoly without force can only exist where the service rendered is actually superior. In this case, poxbox is 100% scam free, immediate transactions. You are always free to go swim with the sharks and try to pull a magister from one of those people for less.

10. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

you just said yourself that trading with poxbox is superior, comparing the other option to swimming with sharks.

I might not have the best grasp on this language but isn't that just nullify your statement?
    Anyhow I'm done discussing this, if you seriously think that poxbox doesn't have a monopoly on the trade market you're extremely dilusional.

11. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Poxbox is merely providing the best service out there, it is not preventing anyone from trading at all. No matter how you see it, it is not a monopoly.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

It is a monopoly. Decondor has control over what a rune is worth.

13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- There are some loose translations of words being used here. Poxbox isn't a monopoly ...they are more like Wal-Mart where it appears its your only option because the options are worse or have been driven from the market. A monopoly would be more like Charter cable who makes exclusive contracts with regions "forbidding" other cable companies to solicit. But anyone could open up their own store at any time to be "better" then poxbox at any time....

- Now whether or not poxbox is the best thing ever is a seperate debate.....cuz like erry'one lives Wal-Mart amirite?

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I will point out that there isn't a single LE that doesn't have a lower rarity equivalent except for for Harbs (which you don't need anyways). I don't really consider their high price as much of an issue. It's LEGs that are the problem. That said we've heard that forgeable LEGs are coming. If that doesn't happen then we definitely still screwed on that count and Poxbox probably overcharges a bit for them (although the supply will go up as we get more players and hopefully that will eventually drive the price down). If LEGs become forgeable then that will certainly drive their price way down as well same as what happened to the EXOs back when the revamp first hit.

15. Gaedel

Poxbox is not a monopoly because you have our in-game trader, Rune Forge, Pox Bros., Hugonomics, other traders, EBay, other options. However, PoxBox has been the best is quite a while, is safe, quick, and has a good variety of runes. He also doesn't control what a rune is worth, supply and demand does. Poxbox has provided this game a great service for years that this game has needed. Without it the game would be dead.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you don't think he controls the prices...

17. Gaedel

Supply and Demand controls the prices. If the supply is great the prices go down. If the supply is small the prices go up. If the demand is there prices go up. If there is no demand the prices go down. This is why we see a huge range of prices in each rarity. If a rune sucks, nobody wants it.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No, chokeholds control the price. Poxbox has the only instant trader, Poxbox determines the prices. Supply and demand fail when supply from all other sources is a trickle and from this one source a stream.

19. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Well he can't just make the prices whatever he wants. He does have to keep them in check to a certain point or people will just try and get the runes they need through the trader normally (what I like to call "desperation"). I think that he's probably prioritizing trying to make sure that the store isn't as easily abused by trade sharks.

20. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member