Snaptooth Discussion

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Monyx, Oct 26, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I take it you didn't like my Murkerwater Frenzy is too efficient comment?

2. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I agree Domain water makes 0 sense on this guy. crocs have 0 water capabilities and even if they did its just meh.
    Another thing that might fit this guy - Shatter - I just checked and FS has 0 Shatter champs now. Not A Single Champ!

Skullferno likes this.
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

In order to engage the Murkwater Frenzy ability you have to use ap to get in range to proc the multi, and then use ap to reposition in order to avoid bunching up and getting AOE spell bukkake'd. Any racial that requires you to bunch your units together is a drawback in itself. I think if this was taken into context with redesign Snaptooth Chilan might have kept some rank of enduring aura. Unfortunately I am of the mind that when they saw the snaptooth racial they thought "OMG WTF BBQ MULTI RACIAL NERF DIS TO DA GROUND SO OP ER MA GERD". Another thought that crossed their mind "OMG ROFL CRAP THEY GEN NORA WIT A RELIC IN A FACTION THAT GEN 6 NORA FER DA BONUS NERF DIS THEME AS HARD AS WE CAN".

4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

New Rules of FS forums:

Put IMTHECHURCH on ignore.

Actually discuss the real topics instead of trying to explain them to rock..errrr I mean a player of lower intelligence.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It is possible that Enduring Aura was meant to transfer over, and got lost do to double Murk. As for the disabilities of Murkwater F. I thought that way as well until. I think it was GQ who changed my mind. Let me see if I can find the link.

Edit: I think I had that thread deleted because there was a huge argument near the end of it.

I wonder if @GabrielQ can say what he told me again.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  6. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Snaptooth Rider actually had shatter as a possible Upgrade pre revamp. Maybe it would be nice give him this option back. Also i agree the fact Murkwater needs a form of steath back. He was so cool back then with stealth and pounce into backline and envelop their range dudes. Maybe you could give him hidden: water so snaps interact a little more with water.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Skullferno @profhulk It appears I have a few things to apologize for. I did not realize I was being so rude earlier on. I am sorry. I did not mean to imply either of you are stupid, or try to be a know-it-all. I fully admit I am not the best FS player. Now back on topic. Rider could defiantly do with getting shatter back. Oyo97 I like the Hidden: Water idea.

Monyx likes this.
  8. Qno2

Qno2 The King of Potatoes

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I don't want to discuss my ideas for the themes because I don't want to show you something and then get rage if what we get is different or is being delayed too much. I'm open to suggestions and I read the things you write, but don't expect to get anything for me, it will only be of use to generate problems if I disagree with someone or to generate unhappiness in the future.

Leadrz likes this.
  10. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

You should definitely discuss your ideas with the fs community. Have to take the good criticism with the bad. You represent them, but that doesn't mean you are the fs community.

Anima26 and Leadrz like this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

That is written very well.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I will appreciate whatever you have to offer. I am open minded and willing to accept other people's ideas. Two people can look at the same picture and see different things and both be right.

Anima26, IMAGIRL and Leadrz like this.
  13. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I personally think ideas are what will nurture our faction. I dont think anyone will get mad if their ideas arent used. but i personally would like a fs rep that is interactive with the community. i want someone that will engage me and other fs players. Its kinda like in a court room the judge has the final say.....but we are like a jury and we should be hearing what all is going on. we shouldnt be left in the dark and then just have to appreciate whatever we are given. we should be included. i know if i were FS rep i not only would include and interact with the community but i would ENJOY doing it. Thats how a rep should operate. But anyways this thread is about Snaps.....so lets continue talking about snaps.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

Man i feel betrayed. I was literally the only one playing them constantly and on a decent level. If you want to change Bane Shift again u better tell me wtf is going on.

15. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Generate unhappiness, generate rage. FS forum activity has declined, there are but a few active users. Stir in this cauldron to get feedback, or at least some activity. In a way you are FS representative. You have your reputation, your activity has been outshining most of the users - however, you don't even give a slightest clue, what direction and priorities FS have under your council.

You regard Snaps are borderline OP - they have certainly the potential to be OP. However, this is the theme, that comes back like boomerang - the theme that has synergy with everything but the faction they belong to.

Would it be much to ask you to clarify your priorities and issues, you want to focus on?

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

We do have the wonderful Snatcher to snatch them pesky equips though, but he aint no snapper.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

When i'm not running weird iterations of neglected fs runes I have an fs theme cycle which snaptooths are a part of. I became irate after crawmangler's damage was dropped to six and they turned him into a crash test dummy that does nothing but phase shift and take hits for 70 plus nora. After that I have run snaptooths less than I used to. @oyo97 you are not alone. I have this spell combo I like to do with snaptooth chilan too. Rite of empathy + gloomwater.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I would love to hear about the "wierd iterations of neglected fs runes" I enjoy running awkward bgs.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Pre revamp pre nerf snaptooths had a huge amount of synergy with fs. Snaptooth Murkwater had hidden water. Snaptooth Deadeye had trail water and domain. Snaptooth Ancient was able to upgrade poison eater. Snaptooth Rider had shatter. Snaptooth Crawmangler was able to upgrade debilitate to combo with snaptooth crypt's weary. I loved abash on snaptooth rider because it was the first time I have ever seen abash put on a champ with decent damage and it made sense because it's a sexy lady riding a killer alligator.

Alkioneus and IMAGIRL like this.
  20. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I would throw away all this murkfrenzy stuff and gave them conditional territorial as a racial(condition: if you control 3 or more snaps or if there is a snap in 2-3 spaces away). Territorial is one of the most underestimated abilities in the sense of tactical games. Having a BG focused not on font-taking, but on positioning around the font would be so lore/flavour-wise when Snaps are concerned.

profhulk likes this.