Want to play Pure Lonx

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Khatis, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Khatis

Khatis New Member

Hello everyone.

How should a competitive pure Lonx BG look like? Which runes do I need and which upgrades should I take?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

3. Khatis

Khatis New Member

Those are prewamp or does it matter?

4. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Do Commander:Lonx stack with Commander:Ranger?

6. Hiyashi

They do not stack.

7. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Post revamp, Gnark becomes the Lonx leader. He is all about tracking down his enemy: "Don't worry...I won't need help. Once my pets catch the scent of blood you'll realize why no one fights with Gnark and wins." This is your build around this lore.

http://poxbase.com/deck/C6iCgxCa5cqMCuqc2qChhc87c4ic4hs19S2LS4Vs5os77r30r2urIE1Me1de2Pe38

Here is your strategy. The entire purpose of this build is to single out and trap your enemy one at a time. There is a lot of troop movement in this build: Gale, Hideout, Swap, Relocate, and Command Charge. Each of these will aid you in singling out the enemy. Once your enemy is singled out, you need to stall reinforcement from retreating and beat down the singled-out champ. To stall, you have Bola Attack, Stall, Snow Strike, and Drudgery; these should do fine. To beat on them, you have power turns with Beast Tamers and Darius's Favor. These together are perpetual power turns. These can Invig, Drive, and Declare Target, all of which can help you one-round a single enemy champ easily. To follow up, you have Bounty Hunters. These are your beaters. With Bounty and Flanking, these will do 18 to 22 damage per hit, depending on the defense of course; and on an enemy champ who has been declared a target with Darius's Favor, these will double hit. If you need alt damage for a champ with Resist Physical, cast Tundra Discipline.

Here are some points on each rune. Your Beast Tamers are your pivotal champs for one rounding. Keep these alive and give them Invig 2 and Unstoppable. Give Bounty Hunters Snow Strike and Flanking. Give Chieftains Relocate Ally and Drudgery; however, Aid Defense or Momentum can also help. Maybe try each one to see which you like, but Drudgery fits the build the best. Since you do not have any extra nora gen, get to a font and protect it. To do this, drop your Defender on the font with Evasive 3 and Sweep. Give your Hunt Leaders Command Charge and Rend 3. I saw that, earlier, you mentioned something about Commander Ranger. You won't need that extra upgrade in damage or HP for this build. Give Hunter Detection and Hunter Hero because she is really only in here for Detection. Your Luminaries are important units because they are your only direct source of healing; give them HC 2 and Stall. You will not need Commander for this build. You can, however, try Soften to weaken high defense champs, but I recommend Stall for this strategy. Your Snowguard is a special unit for defense only. Equip him with Flag and give him Retreat 3 and Tough 3. He will do a lot for your units. Park him next to a champ, and he will prevent damage. Keep your other units within 5 spaces of him; and they will receive Evasive 3, a major defense for this type of build. Lastly, he will have Retreat, Tough, and Readiness for his own defense; and Pace and +2 speed from Flag keep up his Readiness and Retreat. He will not be able to attack, however, because of Flag. Keep him close to a Luminary for healing. Lonx Striker is in there for some range and strong offense. Give him Strike and PA 3. He will double attack with for 34 damage with PA 3 and Declare Target or even more with Marker in play. Give Gnark Leap 3 and Surge Lonx. He will also be a heavy hitter with Surge. Leap him everywhere and give him the last hit on enemy champs if possible; this will activate his swarm ability and increase your army. The Snowdrift Charm is in there for more Snow Strike. You could give this to any unit, but it works best on your Hunt Leaders since they do not have high damage output.

Your most useful rune in this build is The Ailur Concord (TAC) spell. This spell changes the dynamics of your champs by giving Subsume to all your champs in play. Subsume covers your champs defensively. This means all Lonxes covered by TAC will heal for 10 HP every time your opponent casts a spell on them or every time your opponent uses a non-basic ability on them, all of them. This also means that your equips are basically guaranteed to not be stolen because no spell or ability can take them away due to Subsume. This spell is absolutely necessary in any build where Lonxes play a major role. You could even take out some troop movement, like Hideout, Swap, and Gale, and include more equips.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  8. Hiyashi

Can you elaborate on that? I looked at what Subsume does and couldn't figure out how that prevents equipment from being "stolen". Are you just implying that healing a champion for 10 HP is going to make the Shatter so unattractive that nobody will use it or am I missing something big here?

Oh and I'm just going to break if I don't point that out: Weirdest Lonx Deck That I've Ever Seen!

9. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Good catch. Unless I am missing something, non-basic abilities and spells cast on units with Subsume fail and cause the champ to heal for 10.

Edit: Champs can lose equip though if a global unequip is used. I should have clarified.

Edit again: Another shatter option are equips that shatter on hit. I just thought about that. But usually, build have non-basic abilities and spells for this, which is why they would be mostly protecTed.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

The non-basic attack or spell does not fail, your champ will be hit, but afterwards it will be healed by 10hp unless inhibited.

KingJad likes this.
  11. roobs

roobs The King of Potatoes

Can this build that KPIC talks about be used without chieftans?

12. Hiyashi

I wouldn't really recommend using that BG in general, but if you really want to you could take it and replace the Chieftains with one of the staple lonx that are missing in the BG. Main disadvantage would be the loss of relocate and range options.. but I guess the Ferren Hideout and the two Darius' Favor are already in the BG to compensate for that.

A noteable mention that got changed recently is the Lonx Recruiter. It can now also be run with Aid Defense to at least do a part of the Chieftains job.
    A second Lonx Striker would at least give you some range, so it would be an option too.
    Lonx Channeler is usually put into every lonx deck but is lacking in KPICs suggestion for some reason, so it would be an option too.
    If you don't mind going a bit out of theme then Juya would be an option for range and support as well. She also happens to be a ranger wich kind of fits to all the other ranger related things in that BG.

13. roobs

roobs The King of Potatoes

I'm returning to the game after a few year hiatus, so I tend to have a ton of questions. My apologies in advance. How Canadian of me, right?

Im curious why you wouldn't recommend that BG in general? And also, what a lonx BG might look like in your opinion?

I love theme BGs, but am not completely opposed to breaking theme. Are the lonx a viable BG?

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

If you look here in the subforum, you will find the latest Lonx BG discussion with lot's of imput.

15. Hiyashi

The BG runs some questionable runes (Darius' Favor, Flag, Lonx Defender/Snowguard, Ailur Concord for example) and some questionable strategies (equipment heavy, subsume stuff).

As Goyo said there are a lot of suggestions and links to suggestions in this thread here. They are mostly up to date too. Only changes that I'm aware of since most of the suggestions were made are that Azaren became more expensive and Lonx Recruiter got changed to be a better support unit for lonx rather than providing boost for beasts.

Oh and I made a suggestion for a "pure" lonx BG up in this thread. Now that Azaren is over 100 nora I'd probably toss him out.. just cause three digit nora costs scare me to death. And I guess boost being axed off the recruiter makes the elephant pet a bit less attractive.
    If you don't care about pureness I'd definitely try to squeeze in a Nokhan Guide and a Tundra Whisper... well if you have those, I mean.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

The scary thing about the Shepard.
    Is that juya is a beast.

17. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I haven't played many games since coming back but I have run pure lonx a few times. Won games I shouldn't have despite being rusty so I would say lonx are very strong atm.
    The changes to chieftain and recruiter were an overall buff to the theme and have made them a little more interesting.

http://poxbase.com/deck/ChfCa5cqMc2qChhC8DC3tC4iCaqs7Ks16s7@s19S2LS13sNr30r1yrIe2Pe2X

Out of the phys beaters I have settled on shredders. Shred defence mid to late game is just too good for 1 ap.
    I use crown for a double tap on channelers if I can get them snowballed.
    Pheonix anklet is for those moments your opponent doesn't have a pers. counter for throatrend.
    I don't use the heroes due to cost. The main strat. of this theme is to keep deploying to snowball channelers so keep the nora tight. This bg counters a lot of stuff but is weak against equips. Splashing outside theme or running rebound doesn't appeal to me so duck and weave until you can deal with it.

Note: Chieftains are hard to get atm and I don't recommend running this bg without them. The deploy order is much weaker.

Goyo likes this.
  18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@h0spy Can you share with us your Lonx BG again? I found it very nice but I've lost track of it.

19. Hiyashi

Goyo likes this.
  20. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!