Hidden Gems

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by chris0024, Oct 27, 2014.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

I've only been back for about a month now and I'm still discovering new abilities on champs that weren't there before the revamp. These might not be new to you but they were very surprising to me, such as Groundpounder and Forest Giant. I wasn't aware pounder had crushing blow and forest giant had colossal! What other gems can you guys think of post revamp?

On a side note, what tortuns would you guys consider running in a FF KF bg? Do any of them make the cut?

Enuff was on to something ;)

xezno likes this.
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This is my current bg that I have been tinkering with.
    [​IMG]

It relies pretty heavily on positioning, it does alright. the Privateers are a key part of it. Excessively strong.

In a fight.
    Deploy Artillery Marker for 3ap.
    Attack 4ap. Attack does 14 dmg
    Artiller Marker triggers because of Slam. 12 More Damage, + Stunned meaning they have -2 defense. Its the little things. I would try for a FF KF Trick bg.

I would run something similar to this. For FF Tortuns.
    http://poxbase.com/deck/Coxc54ChYCyDCyAcuQcyUCo8CyIs3Ws4Zs7s4yS1as5Ws5 r2or2Yrqr2drUe2we1N

2x Bowmages are there for Blindfire, Imbue Stun, and Combo Slam. 1x Lilim Boots for better positioning, and bumping him to 8 spd.

Keypoint. Deploy a Mine, or Artiller Marker then go Knockback crazy.

You might consider Elruns Favor. I however did not.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    xezno and chris0024 like this.
  3. chris0024

Great bg, add 2 strategists for even more dmg. Have the privateer deploy a marker, then have strategis relocate foe, the marker triggers, have privateer attack to knock him back into the range of the marker. Lots of dmg and it helps with the positioning problem :)

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I thought about strategist, however I opted for Wisp instead. Nexus Aura solves more problems then you might think. Would love to know what you think I made of the Tortun bg for you. Kind made it on the spot.

5. chris0024

Who says you can't run both? :D

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Who to take out? I am at 17 champs as is. Each one has their place. I guess I could get rid of Fury,

7. chris0024

Fury and emo mage would be the two to take out. Fury is outclassed by boa and forest giant and emo mage actually causes more positional problems cause of his auras.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Wind Sprinter is one of the most efficient font runners KF has.

chris0024 likes this.
  9. chris0024

Yup, he is an annoying little bugger.

10. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I love this post, once I finish my exam today I am exploring all this in detail. You guys are awesome!

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Emo Mage is my guilty pleasure. Each faction I have a guild pleasure rune. Let me explain.

General Deck building is this.

15-17 champs
    8 Spells
    2 Relics
    2 Equips
    3 Wild

Wild runes are runes that are spot holders. You move them in, and out for testing. This also allows for room when new expansions happen.

Guilty Pleasure runes are runes that you just love, and must have in every bg.

Fury, Wisp, and Throne of the Circle are my Wild Runes. They allow for much change if necessary while keeping the original bg intact.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Elven Page went from zero to hero in the revamp (super cheap divine favor). Circle Messenger is under-rated (counterattack melee and evasive). Elven Ancestor is a great addition (more KF spell spam). Nectar Fairy can be amazing with certain equips because of Heal Charged. Tree Spider has some good tricks (Envenom 2 is a great dis-abler).

It is just too bad you missed the Gnarlwood Grappler incident....

chris0024 and Sirius like this.
  13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah, one of the bigger changes is Elven Ancestor is now a KF/ST rune. No longer does ST have the Ancestor spam alone!

chris0024 likes this.
  14. chris0024

Here is another gem I found just yesterday. It's a variation on my archer bg. I was looking for a way to protect my squishy archers from all the meta powerhouses out there, while at the same time still dishing out dmg. I discovered it in 2 runes: Experimental Warspirit and Regualte. Regulate gives all champson the field 9hp, 0 def, and 5 spd, but since warspitits have no dmg they actually gain 9 dmg :). On top of all this my archers are still doing dmg fom all the DOTs they can dish out ranging from burn, chill, eviscerate, poison, heartsrike! It's a very powerful interaction. You guys should try it out.

Karmavore likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You should look at Ancestral Anger too. The surprise possibility to turn an around an enemy push is very powerful.

chris0024 likes this.
  16. chris0024

It is a good spell. Imagine my opponents face when I attack his champ, which they engaged my deadly tracker to avoid being double tapped, with 2 melee deep wound attacks haha.

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Elven Artisan is still one of my favorite runes, easily. She gained recycle over the revamp is doing wondrous things with it. Some of my favorite interactions are Skystorm spear recycling. 0N 14 dmg attacks are pretty wicked.
    Hopefully everyone that plays K'thir knows about Artisan being godlike.

18. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I run artisan in every KF deck I have XD. Though I mainly combo it with deploy champ - forest's embrace champ - recycle embrace.