Concerning Factions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by turtlejam, Oct 29, 2014.

1. turtlejam

turtlejam The King of Potatoes

So I've been playing for a long time, and I still haven't figured out how to choose what faction I'm a part of. SOE wasn't very clear when they tried to explain it to me. Does it have something to do with Drums of War?

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Yeh. Whatever faction you play the most is your faction. Also if you can build up lots of points for ur faction during drums of war you are doing well.

3. turtlejam

Cool. Thanks for the help!

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Sadly, this feature is somewhere between "In the future; or, we can't disclose that right now."
    Always loved competing for the DoW leader. It was a nice little bonus on top of playing ranked.
    Even players that where below rank 100 where competing for the top spots. RIP @ DoW, much love.

BurnPyro and TeaScholar like this.
  5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

You are a part of SP. Everyone is a part of SP. They just don't know it yet.

Vorian, turtlejam and WraithxxV like this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's not whichever faction you play the most, it's whichever faction you have the most DoW points in.

7. turtlejam

So what you're saying is DoW is no more? I'm not sure how I feel about that. You see, I play mostly single player, but have been trying to get into ranked and casual PvP for awhile now (I just get so nervous going up against a player I know is actually out there. haha) I always wanted to try out DoW, but never really garnered enough self confidence in my BGs. So no one has any idea what they're replacing DoW with?

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It's still there technically but it's been sitting there collecting dust.. Before the revamp even.. Sad really.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

DoW isn't a game mode. When you play PvP you get faction points that help your side win DoW. DoW has been stopped for a while now.

10. turtlejam

Oh, I gotcha! Forgive my ignorance. That is kinda sad though, I imagine garnering points for your faction was most exciting. I always thought it would be neat if the fate of the PoxNora universe changed depending on who won the war.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

yup

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Apparently realeasing a half product on Steam was a higher priority, though.

13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

It does if you read the stories, SP came last and wrath lost so Hyaenid villages started getting butchered.

14. turtlejam

Really? I guess I'd better pay more attention to the story then! haha. That sucks though :( the Hyaenid tribes didn't deserve any of that.

15. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Yes they did, their neighbors never got any sleep because of their cackling.

turtlejam and Vorian like this.