Soulthirster BG help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Akimitsuu, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Akimitsuu

Akimitsuu New Member

So, I REALLY wanna make a bg around Soulthirster, but I'm not sure what I should do yet. Like, should I go for Bleed or Life Siphon?

I'm leaning more towards the Life Siphon side, Elder Bloodbinders etc

Any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanxs~

(PS: I'd prefer to make it UD/FW split)

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

did you try in the FW side or split subs as well? just to triple your chances of a good bg

personally ain't got sh*t around soulthirster

3. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

Soulthirster would fit in well with either a life siphon deck or death benefit deck. It doesn't fit in a bleed deck, aside from healing from the blood balls because it has no bleed mechanic of its own.

Its a rune that is pulled a few different directions. IMO soul channeling is kind of a dead ability on him, since soultapped is not heavy in the meta and ideally, the champions that close to him will be dead before you can gain much nora/healing from them. Not one that is ideal to build an entire deck around. However, since you seem intent - You could combo around it with essence drains/other near-instakills and upgrade to brain eater and lifedrinker and get all the kills with him, but its always risky putting all your eggs in one basket. Likewise you could add consume and siphon life and put him in a death benefit deck to keep him alive while his stats slowly build up.

4. Akimitsuu

Akimitsuu New Member

Hmmm...I see. Could you perhaps post up a sample BG so I could get a better idea?

5. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

This link will get you to the death benefit primer: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/death-benefit-discussion.7865/

As far as Life Siphon decks go - they are all generally the same. Cram as many high DMG champs with life siphon into a deck, and power your way through everything. If the champ has a way to protect itself (such as frightful blows on archfiend) then all the better. Alt damage is rare, and you will have a hard time dealing with physical resist/immune champs. In order to get ranged life siphon in alt damage, you will need to get into more exotic Legendary tier runes (for example, bloodbinder count and demonologist).