Can't play more than 1 game

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by nitebane21, Mar 9, 2014.

1. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Every time a game ends, I don't get taken to the main lobby. I have to restart the client after every ranked or custom game.

2. Radan

Radan The King of Potatoes

try to reinstall the game

3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Can you give us your OS?

Also if you are using a windows client, can you post in text your dxdiag?

4. nitebane21

Ok, I'll give those things a shot. It's Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. After a game I'll just be left with my opponent in the room. I can create a new game or que, but since I'm not in the main lobby I never find anyone. I can't change tabs.

5. KTCAOP

This isn't an uncommon problem though I have heard more reports about it from Windows 7.

6. nitebane21

Ya, judging by the comments in the lobby yesterday, it was an issue a lot of people were having.

7. nitebane21

I don't know how to post a dxdiag but it froze during 'Initiating Lobby' after each skirmish ended. It also froze twice during the 1st daily skirmish. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 with the latest drivers, beta or otherwise.

8. nitebane21

Maybe because I posted this in Bugs instead of Tech Support, but I'm really surprised more people don't have this issue.
    After every campaign, it freezes during "Initiating Lobby"
    After every pvp game, it fails to return me to the main lobby and I cannot select any other tabs.

9. KTCAOP

Hrm, it is becoming a common problem that people are reporting. I Can't really help much as outside of Win 7, I'm not really seeing the link the separates why some people don't have this issue and why others do not.

10. nitebane21

In the Tech subforum, someone else with Win7 Home Premium 64-bit has the exact same issue, so perhaps its something with that specific operating system. 64-bit isn't as common as 32, so that may be why some Win 7 Home Premium people have an issue and others do not.

11. KTCAOP

Another common thread seems to be firewalls and antivirus, I think I have heard "Avast" the most.

12. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Nah, 32 vs 64 is probably a red herring. I run used to run Pox on two different machines; one is Win 7 32, and the other Win 7 64. Now they both freeze during solo play, and both lag like hell before they freeze. No difference in performance or stability.

Neither one has Nvidia graphics. Neither one has 3rd party anti-virus.

13. nitebane21

No AV here and only Windows firewall, which I have allowed Poxnora to pass through. Lagging occurs for me as well, though not necessarily right before it freezes. In Task Manager, Poxnora is listed as Running instead of Not Responding, but it is most definitely not responding.

14. nitebane21

For the record, the latest patch seems to have fixed this issue.

15. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

I still have empty frozen lobbies after one tutorial game is completed.

16. nitebane21

I only did the faction overviews yesterday, but I was able to play them all without incident. Will try dailies and pvp later today in the hopes it works ok there too.

17. nitebane21

So this is happening again. Played 1 pvp game and got stuck in a lobby with just me and the other player after the game ended. I could click on all the buttons, but they didn't do anything. Between this and the campaigns locking, the game is unplayable.

18. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

yea I still havin tha same problem also they gotta fix this fast

19. mario75

mario75 The King of Potatoes

Confirm! and then Dailies and SP aren't working.