Warogg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Oct 27, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

how about this as a warogg change?
    instead of berserker give it base 7 speed with damage boost (only when he gets attacked)
    all i need is formula for speed increase change

warogg
    Race Demon/Beast
    Dmg 7 | Speed 7 | range 1 | def 2 | Hp 55

Base abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Enrage 3

Upgrade set 1
    Fearless
    Unstoppable
    Iron Will

Upgrade set 2
    Resistance Physical 1/2/3

Vorian likes this.
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I'm ok with this

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Mmmmmmmmm
    Sasssy.

Dw i do that too

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

for 68 nora base sure

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Seriously something should be either a tank for 65 nora, a glass cannon or somewhere in between not both.

6. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

10 dmg, 13 conditionally, is not anywhere near "glass cannon" levels even for a ranged champion, let along a melee champ. Right now he is firmly somewhere in between. I can see how res physical can screw up new players who don't know how to work around it, but as a tank in a faction that relies on blood balls for healing and has delightfully few protection oriented abilities and spells, its right where it needs to be.

Having said that, I do have trouble with the berserk/unstoppable clause. Not from a balance standpoint, more from a thematic one. Just add the stats on to him for free and remove berserk,

7. Vorian

First of all a glass cannon - glass meaning it dies easily, cannon meaning it does lots of damage. So its not a glass cannon.

Chaos brave a 2x2 had 13 damage, 6 speed and res phys 3, 2 def like warogg, along with chuck moga and tectonic pulse, for 83 nora, and it was strong for 83 nora in a meta with super champs.

Ok should I rephrase it, a 7 speed, res phys 3, 13 damage champ, for 65 nora. How many 7 speed, res phys 3 13 damage chmps do you know of for that price? You don't lnow how many limited games I have seen warogg dominate.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  8. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

I looked around and saw many champs with res physical 3 for that price. No, none of them had 7 speed and the majority had 10 damage.

I don't particularly think that matters. Because those champions had other skills that warrog did not. Healing, elemental fortitude, crushing blow, etc etc. Not every champion will have the same speed, same damage, same skills just because they cost the same amount of nora. Thats the beauty of having 8 different factions each with their own set of runes.

If you remove all the things that warogg has because he costs the same as another champion, then wouldnt it be logical to then remove the skills that the other rune has that warogg doesnt? Wait, that would cause them to cost 55 nora. Back to Warogg being OP.

Maybe I am just a victim of playing since savage tundra expansion and seeing the Warogg get worse and worse with each balance/update. Seeing it get play again makes me happy. I am going to remove a few sheoul demons from my BG and see if the Warogg can hang.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

1. 8 Factions not 6. ;)
    2. I agree to an extent.

10. Vorian

All the champs you are talking about have 5 speed or are about 68 nora with res phys 3 and 6 speed and or 2x2.

11. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

Lol - fixed that before I even read your reply :p

Dont forget about: vengeant knight, ice golem, and mud golem. Yes, the knight is actually 70 nora, but its definitely 5 nora better than the warogg IMO. All of those have been in the meta.

12. Vorian

No way is it 5 nora better, it has less speed and 7 less hp. Ice golem is slower without enrage. Mud elemental is 4 nora more with 2 less damage and less speed. Speed is the most expensive attribute.

13. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

Ok, once again you are comparing only physical stats and no other abilities. Mud elemental has a hindering ranged option, more damage resists overall. Vengeant knight - block = resist everything 100% for 1 melee attack per round. Add healing that costs 0 AP. Ice golem has ice eater in a faction that revolves almost entirely around frost damage when it comes to AoEs. Thats healing without having to disengage or go out of your way to pick up a blood ball, which not every UD deck has. Reflection is arguable better than enrage 1 on a tank that is taking multiple hits per turn. 3 dmg bypass def on every incomingranged attack, as opposed to 3 damage added on to 1 or 2 attacks max per turn. Its a toss up.

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Two words: Attack: Magical

15. Vorian

Yeh but warogg isnt just a tank its a cannon. Lets take the big elephant out of the room, its in a faction with +4 damage to melee.
    Res phys is as good as evasive or reflexes. Check how many champs in ur deck have res phys and its probs half.