Just some Perspective...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Nov 2, 2014.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Repost:

Dungeon Fighter Online was Shut Down by Nexon in late 2013.

The original creators of DFO then reacquired the game after a number of months and launched an Alpha Test that lasted a week or so.

Nexon NA were some ****s and didn't turn over everything to the creators, so the creators had to get Nexon Korea to give them some files to re create the game for other countries.

Right now they are translating, coding, putting in new content, and bug fixing, and tons of other things.

Im disappointed because i want to play now, but i understand they have a small team with alot to do and its a miracle our voices were heard and the game even got relaunched at all.

The game is set to Relaunch in March 2015, a date that wasn't even set until about 3weeks ago.
    The facebook page has thousands of supporters, but limited interaction with the team since they are busy working.
    Also there are plenty of impatient ungratefuls.....well were familiar with that, huh.

A game that got shutdown in 2013, got reacquired by its creators and is relaunching in 2015.
    During that time, there is limited communication with Dev's and only 1 - 2 weeks of playtime that was provided.

Be Patient, Be Grateful..... It could be worse.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dungeon Fighter had a 300 million registered users celebration on May 25, 2011.

Nice post and all, but it doesn't compare to Pox. Stop making stupid comparisons. Pox doesn't have the luxury to wait a few years till relaunch.
    Be smart, be thorough in your investigation.

Most of all, don't be a tool.

3. Dolphinllc

Dolphinllc Member

Don't know a single thing about Dungeon Fighter, but Pox is currently a working game. Aside from bug fixes and balancing, it doesn't need any code work done to it.

I assume that one of the reasons they chose to do the steam re-release as a priority before other things is to aquire funding. Working on a game for 2 years with no revenue source from it is not one that many companies can do without a very patient outside investor. Without funding, Pox can't get new coders to work on it. In an ideal world where money didn't matter, I think they would have fixed some more things before steam re-release and definitely would have revamped the pack/rune acquirement system.

Back on topic - Ignoring a few minor bugs, and alot of UI/balance improvements that could be made - Pox Nora has no reason to shut down while it is being improved.

If Pox Nora _were_ to be shut down completely for an entire overhaul and revamp and re-release, then I don't think anyone could ask for any more transparency than they would a new game in development.

I am patient, we are greatful. However this is a two way street. The devs need to throw us a bone once in a while instead of the corporate line. Do they catch alot of undeserved flack? yeah, but they also bring alot of it on themselves.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

mad cuz mad

also sad

and bad

not glad

Korahn2610 likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I get upset when people think they can throw numbers or facts in my face without thinking it through. Common sense seems so hard to come by

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

This is something I find aggravating but I'm hoping that PoxNora is a safe place to ask...
    What's a tool?
    Every time I ask someone they call me a tool and walk away.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sort of like a jackass, idiot, etc

there isn't one specific word it translates to, but the general context etc is good enough

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

There's no real discussion to be had about the POX problems. The game feels like it's in the hands of someone who doesn't understand the game. As such, changes have been made that achieved the following:

1. Messed up the balance
    2. Diluted the variety of play styles

This is not a problem with "development time", rather with "development understanding"

This is why people like Burn a pissed off... because the problems have been created by the new developers, they didn't have to exist! This is also why the original post is a nonsense.

9. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Im glad i have you all here in one place. Now if only we can get Baskit and Nebro, we'll have the Usual suspects all together and we can have a I hate Owlz Party!

The point that all of you clearly overlooked was that the game could of went down for X amount of time while DoG worked on it and got all the Bane Shift they are trying to get together done.
    @Dolphinllc makes note that Pox is a working game.
    So was Dungeon Fighter. Nothing was wrong with it. It was playable and ALOT of people enjoyed it. It was dumb for it to get axed, which is why it is getting relaunched.

Basically all of us DFO fans have to wait and can't even play the game until March.
    Atleast us here at Pox get to play and get some communication and get some current issues worked on.

How 300million vs 300 changes the fact that we could have no game at all to play while DoG magically fixes everything people think they can wave a wand at...i have no idea.

Its like because the game IS STILL UP, you're punishing and berating them.
    FIX IT NOW! Firk YOU! DO THIS! LISTEN TO US! ME.ME.ME!

However, if the game was down for 6months while all this was getting done. You could be butthurt and upset and talking Bane Shift and *****ing the whole time.
    When they finally re-released and fixed most of what you were complaining about if not nearly all of it and had another developer and things ran smoothly since they were where they wanted to be.....then what?
    Do you not return because it took too long and the game was down?
    Do you return and be thankful and praise them for all the improvements they were able to make in those 6months.
    Or do you take for granted what they did those 6months and feel entitled then put a microscope on every thing that they didnt get right and find something else to Crusade and ***** about...?
    Since thats what your good at.

Im not even saying they are doing everything right. That they make the best decisions. That this couldnt go better or smoother or the priorities are to my understanding.
    I also understand its like watching a dear relative die and thinking you know whats wrong and telling the doctor what you think would save them.
    Despite their shaky health they are stable and seem to be improving although slowly. Yet you still think you know more than the doctor and ***** at them for taking too long.

All in all, SOE took this place to Bane Shift and it all could of ended there.
    I think we owe them more than yall acknowledge and you give them way more Bane Shift for things they cant find time or priority for.
    Yet, you don't give them enough praise about the things they are doing right.

For instance, i dont give a Bane Shift about that Poxanthru map and what it achieved. I like the new map graphics but i dont think it was enough to placate me and it isn't what we needed.
    I have my gripes aswell. I also am very impatient for Ronin. I WAN NEW ROONZ.

However, i am sympathetic to their struggle. I applaud them for trying.
    Im glad they are giving us something. I am humbled they took the time to try the Revamp and restabilize the power structure.
    They may have missed the mark. May have alot of work to do. May have took some of the 'fun' and 'uniqueness/identity' out of some of the runes while doing it.
    We're still in a better overall place than when we were with SoE.

So why are we *****ing so hard?
    Why so much biting the hand that feeds us?
    And with Senshu, why so much shooting the messenger?

THEY ARE TRYING!
    At what point was that not enough?

You guys also dont understand everything it takes to go into some of the things you're asking for or how their priority structure fits their budget or how things need to be done to move forward.
    We lack so much information to make accurate judgements, and we aren't really entitled to all of the answers.

Id like more communication and more answers too. But if we don't get them, we have to just trust them and see what happens.
    They are our last hope. None of us are going to kickstart to pool money and buy the rights and undertake the burden of developing the game.
    So let them do them and hope for the best. Give them a break.
    Where is all the negativity going to get us?

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

However they had a million times more people playing so even if they lost a ton of them during that period they could get going again later.

Stop being so ignorant, Pox goes down for a year with the playerbase we have, were done.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pox is about half way to 300 million clicks. The number of times someone has clicked a mouse while having the application open. I think we're up to 100 million drags too.

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

That's a drag

Baskitkase likes this.
  13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

That's a bit of a click move

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Let's not drag this out any further than absolutely necessary, Yobles.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. hsssh

hsssh The King of Potatoes

I kinda get your point, but what do I care that stuff takes time? I spend part of my free time playing games, Poxnora isn't attractive to me right now so that time is filled with other games. With each passing week my interest in Poxnora is fading bit by bit and in not so distant future I'll probably "forget" about it entirely. Could it be worse? I don't know, I don't play Pox anymore anyway so for me there isn't much difference between it being in current state and it being unplayable like DFO.

Unfair but thats sadly how things work for me, and I assume many others.

It also doesn't help that I enjoyed game more (asides of few interface changes) when it was under SOE's control. I'm sure that my opinion might be unpopular but I don't think that any of gameplay changes improved the game in any way.

16. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not sure about the others, but I had 1 million times to not take this thread serious.

This is clearly a SL problem, for it is about scale.

MovnTarget and BurnPyro like this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

10/10 for pun