A small suggestion on Champ CP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ozariig, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

I've heard a lot of rumbling about Champ CP, and I agree with most of it. I don't claim to have a definitive answer, though I will say that RPG elements on champions is a cool idea, so I hope there is some way to make it work. But here is one small tweak that might help to lessen the grind a little bit.

Instead of spreading out the CP earned in a battle across all of your champs (including the fully levelled ones), give the player a Token with the total amount of earned CP on it. That way, the player can apply the CP to one champion that he/she is trying to level up, and get a decent amount of CP on it in one go. The CP earned by levelled champs is also not lost this way.

(Note: I'm basing this idea off feedback from @UnbrokenFlow 's player diary thread)

Paper Skull, IMAGIRL, Sirius and 6 others like this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Not a bad idea. CP being banked somehow like your gold stat and accessible in the rune mngr so that you can apply it at will where you please.

IMAGIRL and Sirius like this.
  3. UnbrokenFlow

UnbrokenFlow Member

This sounds awesome. You could build up equity with your main deck, to use in the future on alt decks. Possibly do away with tokens as well and just have a champion points bank that you can spend on your champs. Move the RPG elements away from the cards and more towards a summoner(player) leveling scheme.

Could still monetize champion points with champion point boosters.

4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I like this suggestion.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Word.

Token packs aren't doing their job anyway.

6. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

YES! Excellent idea!

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I farm gold like a maniac, using the deck that needs leveling up in singleplayer and my ranked deck in rank and then I just buy packs and use the tokens I got there. Or, at least in theory. I'm ashamed to admit I actually resorted to buying token packs a couple of times.

The CP bank idea thingy sounds awesome.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I like the ideas here. I am surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. Bump.

9. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

You can just spawn-attack-take damage-quit in one of those legendary BGs where they attack you turn 2 for 11 cp on any champion. You can grind 200 cp in ~5 minutes, though not on the same champion. Since there is no faction limit to campaigns, run clairvoyance and things like Demon Call and Priest of Voldac to help improve your early draw.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Such a way should not be the standard for efficient CP'ing.

11. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Wish in one hand and Bane Shift in the other... >.>

They already said it was changing anyway.

12. UnbrokenFlow

UnbrokenFlow Member

This is what I do as a new player as well. To speed it up use Obelisk of Foresightx2. You also do not need to take damage, just attack once and surrender. Don't even need to finish the turn you attacked on.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This type of grinding activity is exactly what DOG should seek to avoid.