What does the * signify?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karamasov, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

What does the * behind some of the rune names signify? I know that you can't trade those cards. But any other significance?

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Non Ttrade-able

3. Karamasov

Now that we are at it. Why did they include nontradables?

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I have no clue. I can't think of a good reason other than, when you first start out during SOE not sure if it is still true now. They gave you a premade BG. I think its so you can easily find them on the checklist. Still not a good enough reason to ruin the look of my collection on the checklist. -_-

Karamasov likes this.
  5. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

I'd assume to protect the value of their cards, since a free epic every fifth skirmish makes it really easy to forge rares. But you can still get tradeable epics from skirmish as well, so...

Karamasov likes this.
  6. Anondylar

Anondylar Well-Known Member

It's a bug.

7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Maybe we can define what the * means beside it or something. Just so we don't have 80 more of these threads. ;)

IMAGIRL likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The * has no intrinsic meaning. What ever valuation it signifies is constructed by those who interact with it. What conclusions we reach here would be arbitrary - and ultimately forgotten.

Karamasov likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm fairly sure, and i could easily be wrong on this, but i'm fairly sure that the runes with a * next to them started all as part of a free deck that was given out to new players, likely under SOE. the untradeable part was so that people wouldn't spam alternate accounts and flood the market with the same rune 5000 times, basically

how i remember it, anyhow.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah, that's the something I remember. Mentioned it too earlier. XD

11. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

This is exactly the case. There was a UD and IS deck, both with * runes. These runes still show up every so often in packs, which is a bug. There are plans to fix this, but because the runes are coded as completely seperate runes, it's a lot of work to make sure everyone gets to keep the right runes.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There was also a UD/KF one, Burning Tree if I remember correctly.

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

support asterisk runes becoming normals runes now.

14. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Burning Tree runes didn't have the * and was tradeable.
    (I remember it since it was what I started with and used while saving up gold for my first BG; Voils.)

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Guess I didn't remember correctly. Thanks for the info.

16. soulmilk

This was why on poxbox, the runes in the Burning Tree deck was the least valueable ones. Worth 1-2 poxbox point max.

17. Karamasov

Thanks for all the answers and guesses. I can now sleep easier at night ;)

IMAGIRL and soulmilk like this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I was the decks that came out after tree.

19. soulmilk

I almost forgot about those. The Old Faction Starter Decks if I am not mistaken.
    Instead of a * they had a lock or something on them to show that the runes was untradeable.

20. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

No, it wasn't the Burning Tree deck, as stated, that was filled with all commons and was a split deck, it was the Pandemonium UD deck. But yeah, the * runes are leftovers, they should not be found in packs but they are. Eventually the goal is to just get rid of them and/or merge them with regular runes, but yeah.