A Patch!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xirone, Nov 13, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Thanks for fixing my front door man, really appreciate it.

Reckon you can rebuild my roof as well now? It's been kinda cold these last few months.

Agirgis1 and Skullferno like this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Patch notes are up.

Skullferno likes this.
  3. Zero

Zero Active Member

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

"Bunch of crap" is up.

5. Zero

Zero Active Member

Rebalance basically for those too lazy to press a button.

6. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

WarFoot why are you always so cynical? Just carve a smile in your face and bleed out like the rest of us.

7. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Skullferno likes this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

been there, done that

Skullferno likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

before it was cool?

10. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

So, I logged on to about ~70 in single player and ~30 in battlegrounds.

Is that the norm now?

If so, why do they still have lobbies? Surely it would be better to hide such numbers and just have people queue. I mean... I kind of saw the numbers and just... logged out.

No one wants to play a dead game. Why tell them its dead?

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thanks, KTC.'
    V

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  12. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

OT => GD

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i noticed our player base didn't max out to 300 this time i guess steam players got fed up waiting and quit prematurely

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Steam people and other new people are far removed from the woes of balance. The patch has nothing to do with them. Even an expansion will have little to do with steam/new people. Expansions cause more gametime from existing players.

The reason that steam/new people leave is that they have reached an end to their enjoyment in single player and since smashing your toe with a hammer is better than playing ranked, they just move on.

You get about 2 weeks to a month our of single player (according to years of new player feedback) before you start to wonder "whats next?".

The Steamers/New players will continue to go through the revolving door, even with a better NUX (which could still be much much better).

Without a natural and rewarding transition into a healthy, competitive and balanced ranked lobby, this game will continue to remain stagnant.

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ya i've wanted to get work done on the transition to rank for awhile, hopefully something will come of it soon. =/

with lack of an expansion patches like these are needed to flux the meta and keep things interesting for a little while longer, but you are correct that it is not a longer term plan for creating an influx of new players.

16. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mr. Spock says you can't freaking agree that people should not have opinions.
    The statement refutes your position since it's your opinion.
    You should change this statement to "I agree, people should not have _____________ opinions."
    This Mad Lib version is way more fun anyway.

17. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

So the whole steam was pointless if DoG can't maintain the playerbase, i didn't get why did they neglect the steam glitches ?

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wow, you're a quick one.

19. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thank you for your perspicacious opinion.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You and me and everyone.