Why not just punch me in the face and take my wallet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by charlieriot, Nov 14, 2014.

1. charlieriot

charlieriot I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Rarity should never, ever = Power.
    I mean, seriously.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i have a question, and believe it or not it's a serious one that's been on my mind off and on for a while

why do people feel so entitled to money after giving it away over the internet in exchange for goods and/or services, mostly in the form of entertainment (as here)?

when you buy a pack in pox, you're not buying a part of the company last i checked. when you buy a skin from riot, i'm pretty sure you're not buying stock. you're literally giving money away to receive something else from them to enhance your playing experience, which itself is a completely subjective thing.

how is it still possible to consider the money thus spent as "yours" after it is so given?

edit- please note i don't mean to suggest that companies should ignore their players, or indeed that companies would ignore a player who has spent substantially more than all the other players they have (a whale among whales).

i merely mean to inquire as to what you think gives you the right to "your money" after having, you know, given it away to *other people or entities*

Kampel, JellyBerry, Monyx and 2 others like this.
  4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ya rarity doesn't equal power, having rare runes means you have options, quite often exo runes are key runes allowing players to make the decks they want to play.

5. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

Did you happen to lose to Dwarven magistrate earth golems and a stalwart defender? if so, I take credit for this guys i'm sorry. I one rounded his count at the start of the game.

charlieriot likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Full race decks are not hardly viable. But lol ^^^^

7. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Just so you know, I have arranged a Q&A with Gedden for Friday next week.

I totally disagree about him trying to siphon every penny off of the userbase, this is the guy that lowered all the prices of boxes/packs and introduced the rune forge, upped gold rates - and is going to be making Legendaries forgable.

It seems that perhaps you're upset about your expensive runes losing value or not being as strong as before?

The only thing i'd say in regards to that is, your runes would be worth absolutely nothing if the game had died had DoGz not taken over and revived it.

8. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

"
    Why not just punch me in the face and take my wallet?"

give me your address...

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i dunno, if at first it doesn't go then maybe i'd ask for a different masseuse or a refund or something.

if instead i kept going back and going back and going back and giving more and more money to the people running the parlor, i'd start wondering if i wasn't getting my money's worth

you know

that thing it's supposed to have

TheBulwark and BurnPyro like this.
  10. charlieriot

lol dagda i keep going back because i have faith the asian lady will get better with time

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That my friend, is insanity.

12. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

Ping pong is not the macarena, it takes patience
    she's like the fine well aged prostitute
    It takes years to learn her tricks
    she's cruel and laughs at you when you are naked
    but you keep coming back for more and more.
    why?
    because she is the only prostitute i can afford.

charlieriot likes this.
  13. charlieriot

tricky :') that was beautiful

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's still not your money, is my point. i understand you want a better pox, but i see this pop up in a lot of places and it bugs me when people say it.

on an unrelated (kinda related) note, friend of mine knows a guy who documented himself getting a terrible handjob for a school project

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

My brother bought a handjob when he went to Amsterdam, does that count?

16. charlieriot

was it by a nimble thai labyboy?

17. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Let's move away from this topic and back onto the main topic please. I am curious though, what particular solutions have you seen on the boards that you would like to endorse?

18. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I'd like to pick up on his legendaries point. I agree, rarity should not = power. But I think we all agree that they should offer something different. There should be a sense of WOW, I have my first legendary - otherwise, why rarity at all?

In terms of rune design, this is where DOG get it so wrong. The lengendary runes are mostly bland and offer nothing different. So why do we want them? This actually makes no sense from a business PoV either, as the hunt for legendaries can force people to buy packs.

Some abilities should be linked to rarity and only available within that rarity. They shouldn't be more powerful, but they should offer something that more common runes don't

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In all fairness, Legendaries are pointless imo. They could all become exotics and I wouldn't care one bit. I recall some legendaries runes being offered when you bought Poxnora Target cards. Legendaries were used as a money grab by SoE.

UnbrokenFlow, mortal ix and Netherzen like this.
  20. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Did it last 5 years. Because based on my understanding of this thread if it lasted less than 5 years he should demand his money back.

SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.