Hawk attack should be 4 AP.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Nov 17, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Other non basic attacks with on hit effects like axe throw are 4 ap. Why not a long ranged attack at + dam with a DOT?

It's silly how spammable hawk attack is on a lot of champs.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    Psilokibes, Monyx, Kampel and 11 others like this.
  2. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I agree.

3. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I agree, but think Burns missed a couple of key points. and he's being too kind.

-hammer throw has a minimum range of 3 so you can lock a target and not be targeted by hammer throw. Hawk attack does not. even if you lock him he can simply hawk attack you if the basic attack isn't enough.

-Further more. Hawk attack deals +4 damage with eviscerated 3 as its dot. that's 7 damage the first turn. 2 damage the second and 1 damage the third turn after use if not cleansed. for a grand total of 10 damage per hawk attack. hammer throw deals +6.

- The eviscerated DOT is the most effective DOT in the game due to the fact that there are only 8 champions in the game immune to it,almost guaranteeing its success.

Conclusion, hawk attack should actually cost more AP than hammer throw.

XFurionsX likes this.
  4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Hammer throw deals magic damage which sometimes serves as an alt damage or much needed magic source in this meta. But yes i agree hawk attack is cray

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

3 AP CD 3 imo.

6. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

This ^ or 4 AP CD 3.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It needs an increase in cost, 4ap, and possibly a damage reduction/longer cd.

Psilokibes, Monyx and SPiEkY like this.
  8. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Hmm this is a good point but hammer throw should probably deal physical anyway otherwise im a Firking wizard.

Goyo likes this.
  9. I would quite like to put my apple into this barrel, if you'd be so kind.

Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It should be 4 AP but should also be 3 CD, As should Axe throw. All the 6 range + bonus effect abilities should be this way.

Shield throw and spear/jav should be 2 CD. They are one less range and no added bonus. Mainly, well, cuz... Capt America.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Thbigchief

- Shield Throw with added DoT Freedom 3 which gives debuff of "'Murica'd" for it's duration. But seriously shield throw and jav need to have a benefit if no added effect or range is given from attack. Lower CD and/or AP cost for sure compared to others.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You wrote "'Murica'd" wrong.

13. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It's basically a better version of Arrowshot, et al, which cost +1 AP on the attack chain, so yes.
    I feel like Multiattack should be applied to any attack on the attack chain as well. It's odd to have your basic attack cost 2, while your nonbasics cost TWO more AP at least.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Thbigchief

- Word, good looking out... propaganda grips another mang.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Got them 'muricans' back.

On topic, honestly it's absurd to have the best version of ranged abilities be on lower AP (and cd2).

16. it's preposterous, I must admit

17. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

55 nora falconer is pretty lol

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Conclusion - read what the ability does before making a reasonably large post.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Still doesn't change it's too strong atm.

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

4 AP seems fair
    But i hope the cost stays the same cause Bliss is already so expensive

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014