Exclude summons from faction bonus.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Nov 18, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

This sounds fine to me and could be wrapped nicely into the summon description.

As for coding I believe Avatars don't benefit from the bonuses currently so there should be some salvageable lines there to use.

2. Felixyr

Felixyr New Member

This seems like more of a debate about whether faction bonuses are a good thing or not. If you presume that what faction bonuses give can be achieved by other means (such as either adjusting the base stats or promoting abilities that serve a similar purpose), than it seems like having a flat faction wide bonus is a bad idea. To clarify, I mean that if you need to make exceptions or go through loopholes to deal with the faction bonus (i.e. not applying it to summons), than perhaps it's just better to try and do what the faction bonus is supposed to achieve in other ways.

Ragic likes this.
  3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

There is a super easy fix to this for devs if they want. And without overcomplicating things too. Remove the critical race from the summons that gets too much benefit from boost. Give those summons some other dummy race instead that does not have a boost associated with it. Then rebalance the affected summons stats. Problem fixed.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That would be an easy fix, but it wouldn't be a logical fix.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Buff FS, SP and FW. Nerf KF, IS, ST, UD, SL.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nerf Houndmaster, I agree.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Why would you want to buff Fw ZA already painfully strong atm
    same with voil bats

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please think my statement through in the light of the suggested change in this thread so I can refrain from insulting your intelligence.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

No i agree with nerfing all summons even though im going to miss imps being boosted

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

People don't realize just how good he is.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The Skype 7 laughed at me when I said to nerf him... But oh well. Buff IS

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Think about it thus way: He's nearly playable without summons. Drive and axe throw are really good. Throw in a detection matrix and 12 dmg pups... golden

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

*Moles

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I fully support this. :D
    Do you think some summon abilities should be recosted to adjust if this change goes through? (Mainly Non SP, Non FS, Non FW ones)
    I have seen discussions of Hekatian Bloodguard being too over costed and this might help her see some play.
    Just looked at the cost of Pet Abilities and they seem to be having costs like 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40, but looking at Pet:Wolf at 26, it seems to be more flexible.

15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

+20% maybe?
    Double is way too much, but 20% is as good as SL (maybe better, depending).
    Needless to say, the consumable flower (with ONE measly HP) would need a huge change if it couldn't rely on the faction bonus any more.
    It's already literally only about half as strong in splits.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Plenty of champions have been balanced around a faction bonus - which ties into the large power variability of split factions and the subtle imbalances associated with some runes.

I wasn't actually proposing changing ST's bonus to be based on a percent rather than a flat value, rather, I was trying to show how silly it was in the context of certain champs. As you said, double is way too much. Although, changing faction bonuses to percent values would even out various problems with faction design. UD could have 40/20 and 20/10% bonus damage for ranged and melee, ST could have 20/10% health; KF would be a real problem. Just spit balling.