A black man's feedback(Warning really blunt)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm not sure what being black has to do with the merit of your opinion. Saying you only play Ironfist has a lot more to do with how I'll value what you say. I agree, there have been nerfs to the runes you mentioned, but every faction can point to certain runes that they loved that have been nerfed to the point that they aren't viable in competitive play.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Unless you are playing professionally or play at a D1 college somewhere (which is doubtful) then i would roll right over you

3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Lol id still take that challenge

4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I just got through ranting myself, Iajab. Just hang on tho man, everyone guarantees us a viable game...soon....some day....maybe

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To be fair, Iajab was one of the only limiteds who actually replied to me when I first started playing. He taught me some useful things.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

can we at least agree that the only thing George Zimmerman is guilty of is NOT being a cop?

TheBulwark likes this.
  7. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

The only way I ever perpetuated blackness was by being it.

You wouldn't know.

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Cmon where's the chicano man's feedback?
    Don't leave us minorities hanging.

9. NakedAmerica

NakedAmerica The King of Potatoes

Mk, so here's my 2c on all of your thoughts and opinions and observations, take them however you wish.

As someone who only plays one faction, loves it to the core, and refuses to go venture forth and play every faction you make yourself the victim. You say you've been around for 6 years or so, so I'm sure you knew Hashinshin who was also a faction zealot. By sticking to one faction every change, be it a nerf or buff, seems to have some personal effect on you because you fail to see what's happening in all the other factions. Hashinshin for example, cried about moga... for ever. They were underpowered with only 30 hp or the ghern werent strong enough or bla bla bla. Point is, there's nothing wrong with your faction. Yes, some runes you loved may have been made less effective, but IS is in no way shape or form struggling. You know what the revamp took from me? Everything... Cyclone fesh is now holding down the shoebox, all of UD's range was taken away, bloodguards are no longer worth the arm and the leg I paid for them and yes it's all infuriating. However, there is still an abundance of stuff to play. So if your knee jerk reaction is to quit due to some nerfs then that's your deal but don't sit here and say that nobody does anything about balance and the world is out to get you and your opinion should be valued over everyone else's. Your opinion is narrow, focused on one faction, and only on the runes that have been "meta" for years now. Everything changes man, you just gotta roll with the punches.

P.S. - I do agree about legendaries and 150ks being not worth anything now and that does need to change.

badgerale, Ishalia and Ballballer like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm trying to read it in my mind like morgan freeman but all i'm getting is either gangsta or very sad dejected black man
    anyone else got this problem?

11. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Ignoring the fact that he feels the need to say, "I'm black" before every sentence, I agree with the main points in the OP. It doesn't matter if it's only about IS, the same can be said for all factions... and guess what, that's not a good thing.

Rarity SHOULD matter, it really should. It gives people something to aim at, it's what made me invest money in this game.

Also, by stopping rarity being important, they've managed to turn the game into a bland cocktail of copycat BG's...

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Stop

SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  13. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Or you'll shoot my hoop?

SaintKiwi, Dagda and Anotherblackman like this.
  14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I Have mained Ironfist Stronghold. That doesn't mean I can't throw a UD BG together and scrap by with a good ol fashioned maddening echoes+ combat awareness spam. When FS boghoopers were the flavor of the month, I picked them up. All I can say is, fury used to get some insane numbers back then, same with last stand+Mairdreth of Rot.

one of my points is that before I didn't have to invest in ALL factions to have fun, I could have my own little bg's with their Legends all decked out ect or just commons. The things that I am saying are that runes now are barely in that sweet spot, if they even made it past bland.

Also who says you can't understand the game/"handicapping your self" if you know how to intricately defeat 8 factions with more than 1.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    Bondman007 and TeaScholar like this.
  15. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

This ^

Why should colour or race have anything to do with your opinions and the credibility of them? I see your point about those runes but every rune's been nerfed, you can't just say IS has had it bad.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

I kinda got into FIFA as well hhaha

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

just sorta skimmed the thread, but um

51-44=7, non?

BurnPyro and TheNidhogg like this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Dagda rekt u son. Sit down, man.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Oh wait, so the game is exactly like it was back in SoE times?

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

First of all, if race and color doesn't matter, then why humor him and bring attention to it further by pointing out your dismay at his forewarning of his blackness? If it isn't a big deal, then big deal he said he's black, it's not worth discussion. Moving on.

He's not necessarily saying that ONLY IS has it bad.

He's saying IS is what he primarily F's with, and from his experience there are speed bumps along this road to balance that need sorting out, and he's making his claims as to what he believes requires change most immediately from his perspective.

Now, for one, there's nothing wrong with that in particular. You don't have to agree with it.
    There is no set book or code of the perfect poxnora; We don't all collectively instinctively know what is truly the best end result for this game (because it will never happen), so the best you can do is be real about how you feel, and let the shitstorm come as it may.

In defense of this whole "oh, he's a faction zealot and a communist" bullshit. Listen, when you play one particular faction often enough, you find yourself in a place of knowing quite well how that faction compares with what other factions have to offer. You get the experience that no one else would have unless they did what you were doing and played that faction, vs whatever is thrown at you.

Fact of the matter is, when either jab or myself come here and start complaining, which is always bound to happen sooner or later- it is after we collect evidence, data, experiences, comparison of stats- IN GAME.
    We do much digging, exploring options, putting our chosen factions capabilities into application in game to the best of our ability, experimenting with new things as the patches come.
    But nobody would imagine any of us "zealots" would have... say, I don't know, a brain? Perhaps.

Indeed sometimes it gets tiresome. Jab might leave, but he'll always come back to see what potential shithole his faction has been further pushed deep into.
    I tend to do the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.