Legendary Version of Pox Harbinger

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xezno, Nov 13, 2014.

?

Legendary Version of Pox Harbinger

1. Good Idea

58 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. Bad Idea

36 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, I guess that settles it, then

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

White wings instead of black? idk

3. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

it usually does.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Please also include doombringers

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Y'all tried.

1. From xCovah: What is your opinion on re-releasing Harbingers as Legendary reskins? NO! Never going to happen - Doombringers were supposed to be a more available Harb originally - although this never really happened. May be willing to do something on Doombringers in the future

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Legendary version has 1 less dmg.

Xiape likes this.
  7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I don't think the question was presented appropriately and honestly if there was another rune with the EXACT same stats as Pox Harbingers, such as he was saying Pox Doombringers were intended to be, but had even a different name and different art, once again like doombringers, it would solve the issue and do the same for every other PLAYABLE LE (however you can't make a copy of a limited rune ALSO limited like dooms). However the way the question was presented and how gedden kept referring to the Limited version and not even acknowledging the option of a legendary shows that do to being question over it before and often, he is instantly close minded to this issue. Also sounds like he is changing the whole concept of legendaries anyway but heck if the non-harb harb was a common no one would care because they would still have access to the playable rune.

The most annoying this is that he said this rune was intended for K'thir Forest to begin with. Whatever, I'm done but VERY annoyed with the game. This issue will be brought up again by others in the future I am sure. Good luck to them....

8. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

in what way do you feel the question wasn't presented appropriately? Gedden did say he would consider something "like a harb" isn't that what you wanted?

9. chickenpox2

we just need nag him till he just agree
    make burnpyro and dadga our representitives so we can have them soon

10. xezno

I guess the main point is that the issue isnt even about harbs. I created this thread about harbs in the title but in the body I presented the real agenda because I knew harbs would draw attention. Whether it is a Harb, Doom, Fan Faire, or ANY other playable Limited Version rune, there seriously needs to be a version available to the masses. As the question was presented and as it was pointed out to me in this very thread, he has been asked about a legendary version several times it sounds and like anybody he is going to have a predetermined answer without giving the issue any real thought do to no new information. When I saw how the question was written I knew what the answer was going to be (hints why I edited that very question and asked it a different way in the Q&A thread). By presenting the question to Gredden in a manor he had already received in the past his answer was already determined.

No new information = no new output

However I know I am just another new member and like gredden himself said, if I don't like it I can go find another game. I am not saying I would leave over this, I really do like the game as a whole, however I could see causing that issue very easy. Maybe he is right then, must not be the right game for players who like to play the game more than they like collecting.

11. MentalMoles

Just to provide some backstory, Gedden stated previously he wanted Legendary reskins of all of the other things, such as Angels and 150k's (which were previously LE) so Gedden has actually followed through on what you are saying for most of the runes.

Harbs are a completely different ballgame though, as last time harbs were resold there was what I can only describe as a riot on pox and i'll remind you of another thing Gedden said before - everything is always up for debate and nothing is ever finished.

So have some patience, maybe we will get a Doombringer revamp and legendary release in the future.

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I feel like this is a broken record on repeat. As said before and just let me put this in caps so maybe you actually let this suggestion flow into your head, IF YOU WANT LE RUNES THEN TRADE FOR THEM LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS TOO.

Now im sorry I had to use caps, as I hate reading in all caps myself, but several people have told you that for the past few years we have all had to trade for them, theres nothing that stops you from trading for them and we don't see why you should get a fast track to obtaining a harb by paying a couple of bucks for one. I mean even if you make a LEG version they wont be resold, simply put into core boxes with an extremely low drop rate so it will be like nothing changed and you are instead forced to waste all your gold on terrible boxes...

SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  13. xezno

Thanks for the information and I know you do want what is best for the game. You do allot around here to help out many and this game is lucky to have you on their side. Also since there is only one version of Harb I am assuming the limited version was re-released which is a HORRIBLE idea I agree. However when asked the question and the answer is an immediate no without consideration, I must say it makes any newer player hoping for a chance VERY discouraged. I do hope Dooms and other playable limiteds get released in other verions (I say this having them) but for now, whenever I even see a harb in play, it will kill a little of the joy of the game for me. It could be a square white box with a totally different name that just had the same setup as a harb and I would be happy. I guess I have never played a game with such limited access to such a playable rune part of the game. Even Magic releases their hard to find cards in different versions so players and collectors are both happy.

Well to use your worthless and tactless style I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRADE FOR THEM SINCE I STARTED AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY STATED. Also once again NO ONE TRADES KF HARBS, THEY ONLY SELL THEM. Maybe you will understand now but I am lost on how you see this as effective.

Also if a legendary version became available in boxes they would become more and more common over time making a HUGE difference. That is just common sense. Many players who received one would be willing to trade them off, at a high profit I am sure, for other runes they are looking for. This also leaves hope, no matter how small, of getting one in a box and I like many new player, like the extended boxes (however I do not understand why more specific box options are not available).

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Oh hey caps locks worked, you actually acknowledge and responded to that suggestion that time, i'll take note of that for future reference. Can you please answer me this however, I know plenty of people who trade harbs and I've got about 5-6 KF harbs from trading, how come I could obtain them yet you could not when you attempt to obtain them in the exact same manner? I feel like the real problem here is that your bids are bad or you cant afford to actually bid for one so you are going along with this ''impossible to get'' act in the attempts that you can get a re-release, correct me if im wrong however.

15. NakedAmerica

NakedAmerica The King of Potatoes

As a long time player I feel the lack of attainability of harbs is simply criminal. With people like H0spy hoarding all of them its simply impossible to even trade for one. They are lackluster champs at best but everyone deserves a chance to get them.

I vote to have H0spy's harb collection seized and distributed among the playerbase!

Dagda likes this.
  16. MentalMoles

We already have a thread on this literally right below this one, so i'm merging your post in with that.

17. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

This topic is like beating a dead horse. Geddon already made his decision and his mind is not about the change. Nonetheless I support some of the points being made.

Rune Accessibility has recently been an hotbutton issue; one that affects pox's ability to attract new players. As Geddon says only 2% of player who see pox actually register, 2% of those download etc. Having something like playable but super exclusive runes is a turn off for new players. They feel like they are playing from too far behind. That feeling means they often don't even bother trying. The fact that the harbingers are playable further compounds the issue. This isn't even the same problem as Legendary runes, since A )once they become forgable they will be available and B) the # of them in the game is increasing. More players = more packs = more runes = more copies of X Legendary. Harbinger are fixed...10 ranked players, np nuff to go around, 10000 players...major scarcity issue. Other games have fixed this issue by having different "card pools" for games. IE: MTG has Standard, Modern, Legacy, Vintage. If you don't have or want to buy Power 9 you can still be competitive by playing Standard with new cards, or Modern with semi-new ones. Pox cannot do this, we don't have a large enough player base to make segmenting our players a viable option.

On the other hand collectors and other player who paid big money, don't want to lose the value of their exclusive runes.

Solutions (NOTE: Some of these are for arguement's sake, not because they are actually viable)

1 - Make harbingers are unplayable in Ranked, OR undesirable.
    --- Unplayable runes would make many people upset since the spent money/time aquiring something with the intention of using them and are denied. Undesirable would mean recosting them to be soo inefficient that no one would want to put them in a BG, you'd see ZERO harbys in ranked play. This also upsets a bunch of people. Neither of these solutions are perfect.

2 - Make a Legendary Version of the Harby Re-Skinned.
    --- This idea was proposed and refuted by Geddon numerous times. It is simply not an option anymore

3 - Make a (insert rarity) idential clone of the Harby (not the same look or skin at all) with Opposing Views (Faction Pox Harbinger).
    --- This is not a harby, doesn,t look like one, but has IDENTICAL or near identical stats. Opposing Views prevent this from being another rune you could play with your Harbingers. Much like Gimlic of Kthir, you cannot play both in the same BG.

18. chickenpox2

Geddon
    Geddon
    Geddon
    Geddon
    lolz

19. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

I think this could work now, but it's overshadowed by the fact that this was such a scandal in the past. Because of that, I would hope they wouldn't do it again, just from a "don't repeat your mistakes" standpoint.

20. MentalMoles

This is definitely the best option imo, Gedden did allude to something similar to that in the Q&A