So I afk'd on your new website...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colleenman, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Colleenman

Colleenman New Member

And it never logged me out. I was logged on overnight cuz I forgot to log off when I needed to take care of my newborn and try to get sleep and it still had me in my runes and able to edit everything.

I am concerned because I know that automatic kicks off of the server not only saves you money and bandwidth but it helps to protect my information and my payment information moreover.

Are there any intention to implement an automatic AFK boot from your servers?

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Who told you that bs?
    The site has no polling of any kind so it has zero effect on bandwidth, and being logged in is absolutely unrelated to your payment information.

3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I actually prefer the fact the session is now kept alive, as it means I don't have to continually login when I check a deck or trade.

It might be good to add an option for people using shared computers though.

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Did you check the "remember me" box when you logged in? Of course there should be no session timeout if that option is selected. If you didn't, then this is probably a bug.

Requesting payment information should probably require additional verification anyway, I don't know how that's handled right now.

5. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

If you click "Remember Me" when logging in, it will automatically log you in on subsequent visits for 30 days. This is entirely separate from the session that's maintained on our server, which expires after 30 minutes. If you don't click "Remember Me", you will be automatically logged off after your session times out.

In other words, this features consumes no additional resources, so you don't have to worry about that. Additionally, no sensitive payment information is stored on, or for that matter ever transmitted to, our servers. If you're still concerned, clicking the "Logout" link at the top right of every page will disable the "Remember Me" feature and completely clear your session.

6. Colleenman

Colleenman New Member

Thank you very much for your reply. It puts my fears to rest thank you.