Are you kidding me? Ugh. Server crash *again* - one move from winning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exit, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

I think it is obvious that the server running this game is not good enough to handle this game. I understand that acquiring this game qand getting it running probably has cost a lot, but it means nothing if the game crashes - and deleted all active games.

Not much more can be said.

Maybe you need to set up some of the RPCs in C++ if they aren't already and tie them in to Java. Java is slow, and dealing with factoring, 10s vs 100s, means a lot.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

3. Exit

Exit The King of Potatoes

Really, who wants to spend a *hour* in a brutal match only to have it nullified by a server crash, and during that match be so lagged it takes 10 seconds to know if you attacked or not. Then realize after your turn ends that your healing never happened because the server never heard your commands.

4. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

I understand you're trying to help but this has nothing to do with Java being slow (which it isn't, at all). I'm sorry about the crash and your interrupted game. I feel your pain. We're working in an entirely new environment, which is revealing issues that have been in the code for years. We will get them fixed, I promise.

Monyx likes this.
  5. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

gotta love these new Greens. i say that with all the sincerity in the world. they were handed a mess and they are working hard to make it something that resembles an enjoyable game again.

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It's a beta. Think of it like that.