Honestly... Desert Owl I need you to read this.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickyjpen, Mar 16, 2014.

?

Do you think token's prices should be lowered?

1. Yes, It is quite difficult to get tokens with their current pricing.

58.6%
  2. No, I do not mind grinding for hours just to level my BG up.

18.9%
  3. Neutral - Don't really care about the topic in general.

22.5%
  1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Fantasy setting?

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Well… the problem is that all of the polls that have been made so far are extremely leading towards getting a specific answer. The questions and answer choices themselves are biased towards a specific answer.

As it stands, the price of the token has significantly increased, but maybe not as much as people really are thinking.

If you buy the 10 rune pack, the cost per 1/2 star experience level (bronze token) is 140 gold, compared to the 25 of when we were able to buy tokens previously. If you buy the 30 pack, the gold price goes down to 100 gold per 1/2 level experience, all of this is assuming of course that you do not get any platinum tokens.

Of course, this feels insane due to the fact that we have been delayed on two fronts towards buying tokens, yes the tokens are more expensive, however, because we can only buy them in packs at the moment, that means we have to save up gold to buy the packs instead of buying them in small amounts.

In my own personal opinion, I wouldn't mind having the prices go down an order of magnitude on the token packs in the store, but again, that also puts me somewhat in the crowd of people that says that the CP mechanic given what they do to the runes at the moment is essentially useless and if the runes released in the future have this pick two upgrades, I would rather them just be released without upgrades and have a rune come out as it is. This makes me sad, because I do enjoy the idea of my runes leveling up with use but if there were either cosmetic and/or optional upgrades with costs (similar to the original rune forge, the nostalgia, though due to the current state of the game, I do am not sure about returning to it now given how many runes there are now, it was easier to go from the old rune forge to what we have now than in the opposite direction I feel).

rickyjpen likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, most issues right now are very polarized. As you said, the CP mechanics right now are pretty silly, in fact, have been since the new model was rolled out ... It never should have.

4. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

prob they increased the price of tookens because the inflation of packs, before ppl spent gold on champs, not ppl spend gold on packs and get a tooken in each pack for free

HalfGodBro likes this.
  5. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Keeping the grind just penalises new players and those who want to experiment with new decks. That's just horrible and even potentially discourages people from spending money to get runes for a new deck.

If you want to keep some sense of leveling up, at least make it bound to the player account rather than each individual rune. As you reach certain levels, you unlock a new star on all of your runes. As long as you have enough new players that 1-star players primarily meet other 1-star players and so on, this could work and even make the game a bit more approachable for beginners (less abilities on the champs).

As an additional benefit it would even discourage smurfing.

rickyjpen likes this.
  6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

While I certainly agree that token prices need to go down (I tend to build new BGs on a weekly or even daily basis like ricky) I do have to point out that the poll (in fairness to whoever complained about player made polls) has worded the "I'm fine" answer in such a way that it discourages you from selecting it regardless or whether or not you agree with it. When building an effective poll you have to consider the use of tone in the wording of your options.

Realistically a better poll might have asked what your ideal price was because the current options are extremely binary. You're poll's first response will include everyone who thinks it should be 3k for a 10pack, or 2k or 50g or free.

7. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

To the original poster, you are the reason polls got taken away. Your original post isn't helping.

Also, "I need you to read this" without any explanation is not a helpful subject line either.

Dagda likes this.
  8. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't have the time or money to get tokens or level otherwise and continue to play poxnora the way I used to play it... I work far too often to sit around on all my spare time just doing campaigns trying to level my runes. It would take all of the fun out of poxnora for me... Which is a good reason to keep around the idea of cheap tokens. It keeps people with busy work schedules around so they can play poxnora at its fullest.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Several sound reasonings to your comment under quoting me here Booza, should you wish to actually reply on topic. I think the point is obvious, the explanations provided are clear, the proof is in this and every other player poll offered up this far.

Either you don't want to accept all that or are not able to comprehend it, either way it's done.

The problem is, though, is these polls cause rational people to want to ignore them because their faults are obvious. This leaves you with an array of information complied by knobonites. What would be truly tragic is if any of this info had the slightest effect on development.

The only probable outcomes of these polls are worse and more worse. All of this avoidable if polls are disabled for gen pop.

10. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I apologize if people here do not like how I worded my post... But in all honesty I used the absolute utmost respect and did not sully the name of Desert Owl. I simply explained my view on the situation, and expressed the fact that I simply don't think I will stay on poxnora if the tokens don't at least get somewhat reversed I might lose interest in the game.

Honestly if a game you really loved was becoming too much of a hassle to play would you not express your personalized opinion on a possible fix for the situation? I love Desert Owl they are absolutely fantastic and doing an amazing job there was just one change that got to me a little bit and I am expressing my opinion on it,

11. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Polls are toys, not tools. There is no reason to be concerned about it, developers know how to interpret such things.

rickyjpen likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they havn't read it and the orriginal poster has died, he used the word need. NEED!

why would he use that word unless it was true? A man has died today, and the owls did nothing.

Authyrtyr and Boozha like this.
  13. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

I voted no, just because the poll was so one-sided that it compelled me to vote for the opposite of what the poll creator was fishing for.
    (This may or may not reflect my actual opinion)

There is a reason why professionally done polls are done by professionals. To create a truly unbiased poll requires some very refined wording.

Xinde likes this.
  14. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Why would you give a single Firk how a poll is worded? If you think a poll is bad just ignore it like you should ignore any bad post.
    On another note, dislike button would be cool here, at least I'd have used it much more often than likes.

15. LordOtaku

LordOtaku The King of Potatoes

I like the idea of leveling up runes, it gives players something to do wich is very important in this kind of games.

A small extra like gold or nora shards for leveling up a rune would be nice.

16. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

I believe its already been stated that something is going to be done about tokens......i can understand being annoyed by token prices but ppl need to try not be ****** buckets while they are awaiting the change...it coming people......get your pacifier and your blankie.......mamas teet will be here soon!! no offense to you ricky :p but yea theyve already stated before something is going to be done. so maybe just hold your breath? oh wait i mean dont hold or your breath!! or was it the first?

17. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

If we don't respond, it doesn't mean we aren't paying attention. I promise you we are. There's many critical issues we're still trying to address and this is definitely one of them.

rickyjpen and Goyo like this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That's a nice PC way of saying: we read the forums, but see threads like this for what they are, which is comforting.

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

You have something in your face. Looks like a little hand

20. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!