Matches Freezing

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by jerrynyg, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jerrynyg

jerrynyg New Member

I am having an issue where almost every match (well over 50%) that I play freezes during the course of the match. I will watch the time on either my turn or the enemy turn tick down to 0 and it will stay at 0 without passing turn. Even while there is time remaining on my turn I cannot take any actions. I can click on and look at all the units, but can't do anything as far as deploying, moving, using abilities, etc.

I enjoy this game a lot despite the clunky interface, but this error is rendering the game unplayable, and I am on the verge of quitting. Sometimes, if I wait over 15 minutes the game will eventually unfreeze and I will have missed a couple turns (pooled up nora, some units destroyed by the enemy or fonts lost). Sometimes it doesn't unfreeze at all even if I wait over 20 minutes before quitting the client. I switched from the Steam to the regular client and it has not fixed the error at all.

My system has the following specs:

Windows Home 7 Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1
    ASUS laptop
    Intel Core i7 2670 QM @ 2.20 GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GT 540M graphics card
    6 GB RAM

I have 50 mbps down / 15 mbps up internet connection. When I use a speed test service it confirms roughly those numbers each time (+/- 5 mbps), so I do not believe bandwidth is the issue.

Any thoughts?

2. jerrynyg

jerrynyg New Member

I took a few days off, logged on this morning to play a game and the same thing happened. I managed to get all the way to turn 21 and it crapped out on me. This is absolutely game breaking. I am pissed at myself for spending $50 on this game in the store.

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Are you playing Pox Nora on Steam or the Stand alone download. If you are playing the Steam version try downloading the standalone version from https://www.poxnora.com/download.do and see if you have the same problem with that version. Also, make sure all your drivers are up to date.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

@jerrynyg also, when did you first notice this problem, and before then did you experience this problem before? Are you playing PvP or PvE matches when this happens?