Daily Quests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cydna, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Can someone explain how these work? Every day I go out of my way to do these and it always takes longer than expected.

For example, today was my SP BG day, I've played FOUR games with my SP, and ONE game with the training Hyaenid BG. I still haven't gotten the daily.

Same thing happened the other day, it was IS day and Paladin day, I got the IS one, but I didn't get the Paladin one, when I was using my Paladin BG.

It's the little things like this that annoy the Firk out of me.

@Senshu

2. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Split them into two catogary
    1. Play 2 games with champion with X
    2. Play 2 games with Y faction

1. Play any two game with that requirment, win lost doesn't effect.
    2. Win two games with ff Y faction.

Both require a min match time of 5minutes.
    Both could be play with any sort of single player/pvp.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's the thing, I won 2 games, and lost 2 games. So it doesn't make sense.

4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I think losing games does not account for faction dailies. Class ones however, do add up. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There might be a problem if you have a split faction rune and trying to accomplish the full faction daily. It is hard to say from the information provided.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In my SP BG, I have a Cleansing Emerald and a Kanen Scavenger. But the thing is, I've gotten the SP Daily before. It's just lately they haven't been giving it to me.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You got them with that specific Deck with Cleansing Emerald and a Kanen Scavenger? Could you send me a forum PM with a link to a PoxBase mockup of your deck? I need to rule out potential causes because if I can't recreate the results then there isn't much that can be done to fix the problem. Also include a link to this thread. Do you know at what date you remember this starting?

8. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I noticed the other day, while playing a FF IS with no split champs, it took me 4 games to get the daily. Played 3 ranked, saw it wasn't counting the daily, switched to a skirm and it ticked over. The other daily (think it was magic caster) ticked over fine after 2 games.

EDIT: I'm aware that short games don't count, but I'm pretty sure these games were long enough

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  9. Tryo

Tryo The King of Potatoes

I am pretty sure there is a min time and min turn # before it registers. I find when doing skirmishes that you if your turn timer isn't 18+ it wont give you credit for the quest. I couldn't guess the time but someone said 5 mins

I think it does funny things sometimes though, for example with Quest Detection I make sure to deploy the champion with detection otherwise sometimes it wont register

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I know it has to do with time, but I don't think that would be your issue (if you finish the games too quickly, aka rush garu or sth, it doesn't register)

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

A suggestion, there are some people who don't understand what the X faction day means. I understand that for most players they'd understand what "Ironfist Day - Play two games with a FF BG" means, but I've seen a handful of noobs ask what the daily quest meant.

So just incase that was unclear, make the description more clear. "Play two games with a Underdepths FF BG" blah blah

12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

"Play two games using ONLY Iron fist Stronghold runes" is what new players (who won't know what FF and possibly BG stand for) need to immediately understand the restriction. It's also the (mostly) standard method for describing it across the similar games I've played.

13. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

I believe the tooltip for Demonic Day only says "Play two games" and ends there (?). That's pretty confusing to a new player who doesn't know the faction symbols offhand.

14. sokotra

sokotra Member

Seems like it has always been pretty randomly not registering sometimes and other times it will count everything at once. Unless it counts whether or not you actually deploy a certain rune.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Today I played 2 games with FS, and neither of them counted because I lost.