clarification

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Tricky1, Nov 26, 2014.

?

Which theme is the most aggresive?

1. Cyclops

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Voil

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Ghern/Moga

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. hyaenid

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Slag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

Alrighty, so my belief and conclusion is that all factions have every style. But for this I want to focus on shattered peaks because that's how I roll?

The main issue is I can't consistently find a "rush" theme. By nature I would assume the voils are best for this but their dueling potential just isn't their (although new testing on dive bomber has been wonderful so I wonder if it's simply rune selection) .
    If you rush cyclops it'll work if they don't have a counter at all in the deck for consistently beefy guys , but if they have a polished deck with 2-3 tankish runes in it(5ish total for consistency) they can go attrition with range support and you can imagine how that turns out.
    To my style, mogas simply just don't put out that way.
    and finally slags I don't own the leg or exos for (don't consider it a theme bg and haven't invested in it)
    Hyanids are wonderful but work so much better with a slower more consistent tactic( I lack executioner and stalker which may be why).

sooo, please let me get some input on successful players on the matter.

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure SP is the slowest faction in the game (maybe IS, if their font bonus ever gets changed). That's reflected in the themes you listed, which focus on having multiple champs working together (phalanxes w/ boost in voil, debuffs w/ hyaenids, moga pup build up to strengthen g'hern w/ surge, and territory/area denial/control w/ slags). Cyclops probably have the rushiest playstyle with maulers and tribal hut. But that's driven by their lack of good range more than anything else. I suspect these mechanics were designed to synergize with the faction bonus, which makes it easier to build up a large number of champions.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  3. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

cant run rush with euro deckz

4. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

what does that even mean? and is this really the conclusion to this thread? just SP being the slowest?

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Voil work like helicopters they're fast and can pick a fight but can't survive a tough beating

6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

The problem is SP's bonus is incrementaly better the longer the game goes on, so no, they aren't really built for rushing.

Buuut...if you want to rush, go Cyclops I guess. Voil or Nids would be ok too, but I think they are more mid-game themes.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

SP is meant for Swarm tactics. You can build a rush bg, but it is certainty not going to be racially themed. Closest you could get is Voil.