Multiform Elemental

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by ProR2D2, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Multiform Elemental
    Faction:
    FS/SP split.
    Race: All, Class: None, Size: 2x2, Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork
    : A big mass of mud that changes its shape and form
    Flavor-Text: "Not only he can take you face and your body, but also your mind"
    Nora Cost:

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    14, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 3, HP: 52

Champion Abilities
    Basic attack: Physical
    Multiform: This champion is all races.
    Adaptation (This champion gains any enemy activated ability within 5 spaces for 4 turns).

Upgrade Path 1
    Camaredie
    Vindictive
    Reinforcement

Upgrade Path 2
    Resilient
    Scale Armor
    Calcify

• What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    A support that can benefit from diverse and unexpected rune combinations.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
    It gives or obtains any buffs or abilities that target any race.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
    It gives the oportunity to make your runes cheaper or more usefull, or become more glass cannon if you decide, but at the same time it becomes an easier target by your oponent because any ability that target any race will make your champion more vulnerable.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
    Its ability to fullfill any battlegroup belonging to that faction and being able to take your oponents abilities as well, while still having weaknesses.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Interesting champ but it would be so much more expensive than 82. Also, Camaraderie is patently broken on this rune.

3. ProR2D2

Well I was thinking of a small version of Camaraderie, but couldn't think of one. Maybe call to arms?

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That statline is too good, particularly for that cost. 3 Def, 14 damage, and >50 HP is a serious beater in its own right. The free tanking abilities would toss it over the top. Cut the stats down to size and this would be more reasonable.

As for the general idea, it's nifty, but may not be the best thing for Pox. Changelings were cool in MTG, but something like this in Pox - especially with Cam - would be auto in every BG because of the global utility. With how many themes are based around race, having every race is a bit much.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  5. ProR2D2

You guys, the nora cost is without counting the upgrades, as they are counted separately because they can have different nora costs with the new types of upgrades, you remember. :rolleyes:

And if the rune is FS, you can only play it if you have FS as a faction for your bg. There are many "classes bgs" not only "races bgs", like Archers, Paladins, Wizard bgs in which this champ is useless.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That makes it a bit better. Even so, it would be helpful to then supply the nora costs for the abilities listed, so that we can see how much it would actually cost. Make it easy on your readers: don't force them to trudge through PoxBase for the values. Also, what is the cost on multiform?

There are indeed many class based BGs. But every champ that has a class also has a race. It does not alter this runes utility, as all its abilities function perfectly even in a non-race BG - even in goodstuff. Having such a broad and general benefit show up in a single faction is concerning. Beyond that, the champion lacks much of any indication as to what faction it would sink into. To make this rune stronger, provide it with more aesthetic direction; give some design-based indication as to what faction this rune would be in. I didn't even consider that it might be FS until you mentioned it - that's how loose it is right now.

7. Xirone

I do like the concept of the champ so I put a little work into a slight revision...

Multiform Elemental
    Faction:
    FS/SP split.
    Race: Elemental | Class: None | Size: 2x2 | Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork: A big mass of mud that changes its shape and form
    Flavor-Text: "Not only can he take your face and your body, but also your mind"
    Nora Cost: 85-92

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 3 | HP: 52

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical (0 NORA):
    This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Multiform (6 NORA): This champion permanently gains the Race of every champion in play.
    Adaptation (8 NORA):
    When an enemy champion within 5 spaces activates an ability, this unit gains that ability for 4 turns. Basic Attacks and abilities that change a champion's form are not gained.

Upgrade Path 1
    Improve Damage (7 NORA, DEFAULT):
    Units within 5 spaces of this champion that share a race with this champion have +2 DMG. This ability does not stack.
    Improve Defense (6 NORA): Units within 5 spaces of this champion that share a race with this champion have +2 DEF. This ability does not stack.
    Improve Range (10 NORA): Units within 5 spaces of this champion that share a race with this champion have +1 MAX RNG. This ability does not stack.

Upgrade Path 2
    Aid Defense (7 NORA):
    When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, friendly champions with the same race as this one have +1 DEF for 4 turns.
    Call To Arms (4 NORA, DEFAULT): Whenever this champion makes a successful basic attack, the next champion deployed that shares a race with this one costs 2 less nora. This effect stacks.
    Protective (6 NORA): When a champion you own with the same race as this one is attacked, this champion becomes Enraged 2 (This unit has +5 DMG) for 2 turns.

Edit: The cost of the champ, with stats lowered, is pretty accurate of what this champ would/should cost.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. ProR2D2

That seems right, a little more balanced too :rolleyes:

Xirone likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I agree with Pro, the modified version looks better. The loss of durability abilities, reduction of damage, and change of Cam to Call to Arms help even this out into an interesting champ.

10. Xirone

I had a slight error in the pricing (math fail on the higher end). The actual cost would be 85-92. I edited that in. Feel free to tweak the stats as you see fit to get the cost where you want it.

11. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Ultimate support champion! everyone that plays splits (SP or FS) will be using this one x2

12. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Isn't Clay Form already filling the shapechanging mud figure niche, though?

13. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

clay form is in a literal sense to shape shift, while this one incoperates a more racial flavor of actually being everything with vengeful and camaraderie

although it does fall alittle flat on the second buff line up, maybe make one line up offence the other defense? (improve damage , vengeance, adaptation) ( bulwark, defender, Camaredie)

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As already discussed in this thread, Cam is probably a horrible, horrible, horribly imbalanced and unstable ability to put on this rune. Bulwark also sounds like a risky proposition as well.

15. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

and i'm sure you're one of those dot advocates as well. camaredie would do alittle less then nora mine at most but with a bigger tempo. The only thing i see it doing is adding an "oh hey what's up, i'm here b****" effect which runes tend to be in lack of now. with exceptions to heros and vothsair ireguard and so forth. An ability like create casm has the same feel for that but how did that turn out? players executing power turns to cliff instead of beating the champ down with equal spell and ap cost. Same idea, i'de feel they would just tempo this for that what? 20 nora reduction at the end of the day(ok 40ish in a spam SP bg due to split rune)? they wouldn't realise the effect the tempo of a weak nora gen deployment has.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

DoT advocates? I'd appreciate some clarification of what you mean there, unsure of the context.

Sorry if I came across as hostile - humor obviously mishandled, my fault there.

(The following paragraph depends on a certain interpretation of what you are saying, I may be getting something wrong, having some trouble parsing your position/tone. Correct me if I misread something you are saying.) I don't really think Cam would be that kind of ability. I certainly see what you are saying that many runes now lack presence, but Cam doesn't really bring that to the table. It isn't a standout ability that lends a champ presence, rather it is a strong and unimposing numerical advantage unless examined. Cam is a strong and oppressive ability, but I would disagree that is aesthetically represented while the champ is in play; it's strength and character come from a highly mathematical point of view.

As far as its nora efficiency or potential power, Cam is a 12 nora ability, for a return of 5 on every champion deployed. The tempo hit is remarkably small compared to other forms of generation, and 5 nora back on any champ is strong, and more importantly breakable. Flat cost reductions have been established in the past as a powerful - too powerful - mechanic that is if not risky at least suspect. Death Harvest was whipped into a percentage form, and Soul Collector + Dead Eater is - rightly - in line for a change. Heaven forbid something like Moga or Kanen get their hands on Cam, especially in the form of the original suggestion: a durable and threatening beater. While its up-front power is only moderate, Cam is at the present time an inherently unstable ability. For this reason, something like Call to Arms, as @Xirone suggested, makes more sense, while still filling a similar functional role.

Ultimately, it isn't possible to say that Cam would be outright a terrible idea, or really much of anything about the rune design as a whole. It is, even and especially this post, conjecture and analysis based on number crunching, design vision, and past experience. That taken into account, however, I do not arrive at the conclusion that Cam would be more a good idea than a bad one on a champ such as this. I respect that you may feel differently, and acknowledge that the best verdict would be from the induction of this rune into the fully competitive environment, but I can't agree with your suggestion at this time.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Tricky1 likes this.
  17. Kristian Skjold

I would rather see a new champ that had a ability to give CLAYFORM the ability multiform.. And if clayform uses "Take Form" the ability would dissapear.
    - Makes Clayform a Little more viable... to be used without "take form" and be able to become a powerfull supporter. this should cost a hell lot of Nora and ofc fills atleast 2 Spaces in the bg. (The clayform, and the unit that grants clayform multiform)

18. Xirone

I thought Jakei Soulpainter did that but it must have been changed.

19. Kristian Skjold

Jakei soulpainter got the ability "take form" too, that is right. But i was thinking more of a unit that supports clay form and grants it "multiform"