Axeraiser's Council Chamber.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Have you put it on your list to un-ruin the Archangel? Something simple in the upgrade trees to allow us to avoid the entire charge mechanic thanks to that horrid charge build decision made by Markoth or fixing it outright.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It was a bad decision, I screwed up and forgot that she didn't have Scale Armor anymore. Though tbh she isnt all that terrible at 84 with Charged Heal. Supremacy gives her 4 defense most the time and can heal once for every time she is hit making her quite tanky. But it does take her away from the get in and wreck everyone's face that she was before.
    Also, having both Charged Attack and Charged Flame Fist on the same upgrade tree bugs me. There is no reason to take Charged Attack at all. They cost the same and Fist gives extra damage and an alternative damage type.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

In the age of uber efficient champs she is pretty overpriced right now and suffering with a bit of an identity crisis, I am unsure as to what direction to take her in.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Right now she is an odd combination of tank and fighter. She isnt overly tanky and her damage output isnt anything special. I feel she needs to move in one direction or the other. Moving her towards being a tank would require larger sweeping changes than it would take to move her into a full fledge fighter.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

On Dwarven Hooligan, when he loses Intoxicated, he keeps the +10 hp. If you deploy banner after it ends, he loses it though. Dunno if this is happening with all intoxication.

Also, can we get Visage of Ironfist buffed? I love that helmet.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

I would also like to see Archangel of Almara tweaked a bit. I loved her back then, but now she is just not viable. Also what covah said, our visage could use a buff.

I suggest nerfing Tactical Manual a bit, maybe the UD treatment, half dmg on ranged champs. Though it would almost be pointless to put it on ranged. Maybe just a cost increase to 35.

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Agree on Archangel of Al'Mara and Visage.

However, regarding Tactical Manual. Why do people think that if something is being used that it needs a nerf? I don't think it needs a nerf. More like other equipment needs buffs to get in line with this one. To keep nerfing things to the shoebox does no good and lacks vision.

Nora That and 19madfox95 like this.
  8. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah Ive put forward suggestions to make her more offensive, how she was originally intended to be , whilts still being tangy enough to take hits. Hopefully it turns out well.

9. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

i disagree with tactical manual, just remember it scale with hp.
    I feel 30 however is a good price is a nerf is on the road

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned already (I mean recently), but Interrogator has Punish base AND in the second upgrade line. Unless they stack (and probably even then), that should be changed.

11. Kendoshi

So I have this Aspect of Divinity sitting in the shoebox. The changes made it, in my opinion, really bad. It costs a ton of nora and can't even attack every turn. Additionally it can't give charges to other units, I think it was the case before the revamp. So you would have to run it just for the divine favor. But there is Priest of Valdac and DK, even the priestess who are more useful.

So are there any plans to changing the champion Axeraiser?

Giving it a charge ability maybe or let it transfer charges again so it could be used in some kind of charge bg. I mean, it's a demi-god afterall.

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Sadly the council members seem to have all agreed secretly to never buff a legendary destroyed in the revamp unfortunately. I understand the reservations of making a high end rune "auto" but there is a step below that making them playable. FW i think got hammered the worst in this regard but oh well

13. Kendoshi

Hopefully this attitude will change, when legendaries finally are craftable. At the moment many of those butchered runes, just sit there and are unhappy that nobody wants to play with them.

14. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Is this fact or opinion? I would like to hear it from @Axeraiser before I take this statement as truth. It's silly to exclude legendaries from improvement. I would love to see improvements to all Aspects. They are such amazing champions!

Having Aspect of Divinity give out charges would be a good start. I remember playing Aspect of Death, Aspect of Growth, Aspect of Chaos or Aspect of Oblivion battlegroups centered around giving charges to whichever is the centerpoint. These were fun.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

*cough* Gargoyle *cough*

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Pretty sure Gargoyle was a limited. Buffing it was just a side effect....

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So what you're saying is that they buffed a rune that at one point in time, will be harder to get.:rolleyes:

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Probably should have added the quote. Was talking to Markoth about Bigchiefs No leg buff hoax. I am allowed to play along too.... :)

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- It is neither a conspiracy or a big secret that any council member who pushed a LEG buff would be publicly stoned and/or draw and quartered due to the poorly executed revamp of higher end rarities. It is not a jab at council members who possibly wisely favor lower rarity rune buffs to make it easier for new players to plug and play.

- No one wants auto-include super powered LEGs again but the fear of that has resulted in the loss of signature abilities and unique utility of higher end rarities. Or astronomical Nora costs attributed to uniqueness resulting in dead runes...which could be on purpose to open up design space. So its not the councils fault its a precedent set by the revamp that Not only are OP LEGs illegal (which is good) but so are reasonable theme enablers and unique LEGs.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

But there are always going to be auto-includes. Domni, Sac, Cleansing Storm, ect..... It just so happens that LEGs got wrecked since the re-revamp. Why should we fear just LEGs getting their spot light? If its an issue of availability, they are going to be craft-able... Shouldn't we wait to bring this up until then? I would prefer to be able to play without little bugs, or weird interactions happening before we even discuss rune kits....

Please note: I am not trying to Debunk you. As what your saying has some truth to it.