reducing spiderling speed to 4 and hp to 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Nov 28, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Right now spiderlings are just to spammable with the arachnablades and the spell that only costs 30 nora that summons 6 spiders. Look at call serpent for 35 nora and explain to me how and why the spider spell costs the same price tag. On top of all this the spawned spiders all count towards creep and crawl which gives a significant amount of stats for little to nothing.

Proposed nerfs would be change the spiderling speed to 4 and hp to 10 so then at least an aoe can actually matter against them. I really think in general all summons need to be nerfed they do to much for little to nothing.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I am thinking to knock 5hp off them, and see how we go from there.

Sirius likes this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@badgerale If CnC stays the same, I am fine with 4spd, and 15hp.... If CnC changes, Keep'em at 5spd.

Goyo likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Pretty sure spiderlings already got nerfed to 4 spd...

Edit:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hush

using logic and sh*t

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well.. then nerf them to lowercase 4. Capital 4 speed is too much.

TeaScholar, Lushiris and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

What nerf? They always had 4 speed. At least as long as I've been playing them (~4 years)

IMAGIRL likes this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

People should do research before they make nerf threads.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Taskumatti

Taskumatti The King of Potatoes

Yep they have always been 4 speed. However, the suggestion of 5 speed seems legit. ;)

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

stupid people don't

11. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

LIKE that S**% has ever helped runes get nerfed.

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I vote for 1 base damage. They're supposed to be as dangerous as the spider that stared at me in my bathroom whenever I'm taking a dump.

And in a serious note, they're the easiest summon to make(blade, klzik, protect nest), and there are champions with surge around them. They should be like moga pups and only count for surge.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I was gonna say they shouldn't count for Creep and Crawl. Remember Old Savage and how Thor the Boar had it?

14. Lushiris

One thing is a spider being able to do what spiders do. Another is a freaking pig being able to defy the cold crasp of death through companionship with human(yea I know they're technically barbs blah blah) warriors. This is not Babe.

TeaScholar likes this.
  15. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

@super71: I dare challenge you to play a spider deck without spiderlings or surge spider in the meta as pure UD.

THEN start talking "how easy and OP" that mechanic is.
    About the bugs of protect the nest (and how you can abuse them against the spider player) I wont even start.
    Or even play pure spider deck when it is sooooo strong .... with ZERO detection ... or other things when you are a normal players without Exo/Leg.

Sincerely

16. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Moga have alot more surge units than Spiders. Also, my experience having played moga and spiders is that they're about even in their ability to generate summons. Depending on the setup I've found Moga better at it.

17. Lushiris

You never used arachnablade.

18. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

I'm new and know nothing so this is just a noobs perspective. But I just observed a spider game today vs a ghost-ish deck so that this thread appeared amuses me a little.

It seems like when spiderlings come into play and get going the game turns into a super attrition match unless you have nova's and aoe spells to counter them. Otherwise your best bet is to trudge across the map one square a turn with your champs until you reach the enemy shrine, other enemy champs and spells and shenanigans not with standing. It makes it time consuming which to a lot of people = no fun. The game I was observing I believe went on for 2 hours. I don't know if they killed shrine or surrendered as I had the game minimized while I purused poxbase and tried out the poxbox rune trader.

19. Taskumatti

Taskumatti The King of Potatoes

sever summons.

20. Shivanic

Shivanic New Member

ways to defeat spiders: 1 phys immune champs. 2 anti summon, 3 mass relic destruction