Feedback from a new player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gajeel, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Gajeel

Gajeel The King of Potatoes

Ill keep this short and sweet ;). I think this game is super cool and advanced and has a ton of potential. In my short time here tho, 1 simple thing already makes me want to quit it: Your awful leveling system. This whole CP crap, its just awful. I spend god knows how long tryna get gold. Then i cant spend it on runes cause i need to level stuff, then i find out it doesnt fit in my deck and i get rid of it, then i have to start the wholllleeee process all over again.

CP Kills the game for new players. It creates a boring, unnecessary cycle that makes it hard to set up a deck in a game where its already real freakin hard to set up a deck. I'll be over at hearthstone if yall need anything. Much shittier and simpler, but they dont have a CP system. Peace.

PurpleTop, Entrepidus and Netherzen like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

<--- malfunctioning record

3. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

altough i can understand ur frustation it was worse before dog. Nowadays most runes dont even need to be lvl3

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

bet alt all

Baskitkase likes this.
  5. sokotra

sokotra Member

1. You don't really need to level stuff that much.

2. Just let your runes gain experience instead of using gold.

3. Switching out runes in your deck for something else will be fun once you figure out 1 and 2.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

False, under SoE silver tokens were only 45 a piece, which meant it cost 180 gold to upgrade a single rune.

KingJad likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm amusing by people downplaying the horrendous assrape that CP is.

8. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

This is a big issue for a lot of people - in the latest Q&A Gedden said they were going to look at token prices and the possibility of adding tokens as a reward for PvP games. so don't worry it should be solved pretty soon.

9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

That "soon" doesnt sound very soon.

10. MentalMoles

I don't know - Gedden said they had secured the hiring of one dev and have nearly completed the second dev, once they have 2 new devs hopefully things will move a lot more quickly!

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't think they understand the definition of "Soon" Ronin has been "coming soon" for almost 9 months now....

12. MentalMoles

the ronin soon banner was up from before DoGz took over - they have had a lot of other issues to resolve before even thinking of the expansion. at least now the top priority seems to be the expansion.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Senshu

Your mods are growing restless, time to tighten the leash.

SaintKiwi and XFurionsX like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I agree that there are many things that need to be done before then, I also agree that they should have been fixed before Steam also. I have hope for the future of this game. That does not meant I can't be irritated in the now. XD

15. Gajeel

Hows it fun to not be able to make a competitive deck :(. I dont mind switching things up, but i cant play the game i want it to be played. A lot of things need level 3, idk what ur talking about.

Ragic likes this.
  16. Gajeel

It takes a verrrrrrrrrrrry long time to get these things up without tokens :( They barely get any CP per match, most less than 10, and its not like u play all ur runes every game so it would take more than 20 games with a bg to get it cped. Its not so much that it "Isnt so bad" its more about it being pointless. I mean so what if it at some point becomes bearable, it adds NOTHING to the game just limits it.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I make a cp deck, and do skirmishes and quests...and that's like getting double. That way you get Cp on only champs that need it and farming gold that I would normally be doing anyway.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I have a feeling OP is an alt (again). His point couldn't be more correct anyway. Currently I have enough tokens because I bought a ton of gold boxes, but I dread the day they run out ... Ugh.

19. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

I'm a newish player and the leveling system is actually one of my favorite things about the game! Granted I also love RPG's! I can see how it could be a turnoff and very monotonous as I myself do wish that all of my runes could just be level 3!

But as someone else stated I've noticed that there are runes that really serve no purpose to upgrade AT ALL which is a little weird to me but also nice. The ability to customize your rune is one of the biggest draws to the game for me and was way back when.

Also though I am a sucker for pusedo hybrid card/board games! Ugh Culdcept Saga release another game already! But again to reiterate in the same vein I can see from a card prespective of "oh I just got this sweet new card (rune) but wait I can't use it to its full potential yet wtf?".

All that being said I would like to see a small bump in cp gain per battle and then to balance the bonuses that give you extra cp (what ever those unit achievements are like most damage etc) bump those up a little too so they still have meaning. As it stands now your average unit will get 5 cp a battle +/- 1 cp while the one that destroys the shrine gets maybe 11 cp (assuming your opponent doesn't surrender, but this would be good for skirmish too). It does seem silly that I would have to play a rune 20 times to get it to go up a level.

Also a way to get tokens as rewards would be awesome, even getting a random token for doing all the dailies would be an improvement.

20. sokotra

sokotra Member

I don't get the fuss... I play very casually and I have gotten enough gold to buy two boxes of rune packs since the steam re-release. That's just playing a couple days a week... Maybe a few matches each time I play.