So all this complaining about tokens...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkpally5, Mar 17, 2014.

1. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

You do of course realize that DOG's pricing model is the best one we have had in Pox, tokens are allowed to be pricy. You have the option to level every single last champion you have from Sporegil to Angel of Restoration for free! If you want to purchase tokens to make it easier then do it and support DOG at the same time, if not, level them yourself! That's how people used to do it...

Thbigchief likes this.
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Basically this guy gets its...Don't hold it against him that he's a weeaboo that's always busy DM'in a 4e with PhB 1 and 2...but not 3.

td;dr - Until an expansion this is one of the few sources of income for D'owl. Could increase token drops in packs and boxes doe.

darkpally5 likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's not because the government invests in small companies and indirectly supports my business that I have to put up with random tax raises "cause they can".

(Btw you realise buying tokens for more gold does not 'support' Owls at all right. And I highly doubt people actually spend money on tokens. It's not because some parts of their business model is fine that I have to put up with dumb aspects of it)

Zenity likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes, I can play about 50 games with an unleveled champion to level him up. I'll probably lose 49 because of it. No, thanks.

rickyjpen likes this.
  5. Thbigchief

- Ive always made training decks and cp them in dailies. Some people don't have time for that...tokens are available for them. Pay To WIn omg you can level champs instantly !! WOWOW

6. ImDeath777

ImDeath777 New Member

Its not about the price, its about not being able to buy them one at the time when needed

rickyjpen likes this.
  7. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

2 Obelisks of Foresight + the runes you want to be leveled. Plop the runes down in a single player -> surrender -> 10 exp or somethin like that. Takes roughly 2 minutes :p

8. Boozha

Useless hurdles that suck the fun out of the game will surely help recruit new players. Surely.

Zenity likes this.
  9. Emries

Hurdles = Work = No, Gimmie my free stuff no?
    Man, back in the day we didn't even have Obelisks of Foresight. I remember leveling up Toxic Anurans by hitting single player shrines.
    Do you know how much poison does to a shrine?

It's about 10,000 damage to your soul :p

10. Boozha

Back in the day Pox had no new players either. Your anecdotes are entirely irrelevant.

Zenity likes this.
  11. Emries

Considering the superior population of "Pox back in the day", I'd say it had more new players.
    Considering how most of core community today is made up of those same players, I'd say "Pox back in the day" had more new player retention as well :p

12. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I don't get this.

Do you people not understand there are people out there that are:
    - Not willing to spend time CPing runes
    AND
    - Not willing to pay for tokens

I am one of these people. You are basically saying "We don't want you in our game, then"

Instead you seem to be in favour of keeping some archaic game design / pricing structure whilst strangling the prospective playerbase.

Keep it up champs, you're doing the game a real service!

Nemorga, Zenity and Boozha like this.
  13. Boozha

Making a game more fun is, apparently, a bad idea. Okay, go ahead.

Nemorga and rickyjpen like this.
  14. Thbigchief

- Free to play, pay for convenience...seems fine to me (can haggle on the price a bit but some people just want free for no reason, this is directed toward them) People are never happy. It used to be pay to win people qq'd about. I bet these guys get mad at the ol' hotdog buns come in 8 while the actual hotdogs come in packs of 10... just cray right?

15. Emries

What if I said this:

Do you people not understand there are people out there that are:
    - Not willing to spend time grinding gold
    AND
    - Not willing to pay for packs

I am one of these people. You are basically saying "We don't want you in our game, then"

Instead you seem to be in favour of keeping some archaic game design / pricing structure whilst strangling the prospective playerbase.

Keep it up champs, you're doing the game a real service!

-------

Like any other successful Free to Play game, you either put in effort to get something you want For Free or you Pay Money. That's simply how it works. For example, you either spend time grinding IP to get a champion or you pay RP to get a champion. The token model is no different. You either spend time finishing a function For Free or you Pay Money.

So yes, if you're not willing to do either, you're probably not getting much done :p

Kvothe likes this.
  16. Regulate

You guys are so irrationally fixated on keeping outdated systems it's mind blowing.

Nobody is asking for free runes or powers, we are asking to not have to grind.

In a game where GRINDING HAS NO PLACE.

Zenity likes this.
  17. Regulate

If you can't differentiate between runes themselves and CP on runes then we have nothing to discuss, really.

18. Thbigchief

- Entitlement is also an archaeic feature of many games but apparently its allowed to linger.

- What if you weren't willing to grind gold AND not willing to buy packs? How are you supposed to get runes? Wtfbbq?! game give me what I want when I want it for a pigeonholed act that Im only willing to do!! If your one of these people "we don't want you in our game" either.

Kvothe likes this.
  19. Regulate

Ok cool, well I guess I won't play. Thanks for helping me see the light, enjoy pox guys.

20. Emries

There will always be a grind. Grinding is the same as spending time which is the same as effort. People who don't want to spend this effort or want to support the game, pay for alternative.

You can always lessen the grind. That's fine. Putting down a rune and getting the equivalent of a bronze token's experience (25) on that rune instead of the current 10 would be great for everyone involved. I don't think anyone would be opposed to playing 8 games instead of 20. But there will always be a grind because that's how Free to Play works.