So, changing hero equips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Centuros, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Quite the wordsmith, this one

sokotra and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  2. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Lich wizard. Lizard... Lizard = Skeezick.

Lich King is Skeezick Cannoneer.

sokotra likes this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I agree. I'd like to see the Hero equips changed. I know the devs talked about changing them. Maybe when the new lead comes on? That new guy probably has an enormous to-do list already, though.

4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Not like change them 180° but i agree to be unique for only the hero.

5. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Reduce the cost of hero equips across the board. Tie the base abilities to a specific class or race shared by the associated hero while granting an ability when attached to said hero, sans discount.

Alternatively, make every hero equip provide three abilities: 1 base, 1 class/race specific, 1 hero specific. Reduce costs a tad more due to additional gating while still not granting a situational discount.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  6. sharang2

Won't that be a little complicated? I guess not, it's only 3 lines of text instead of two; but sometimes you have parenthesis inside parenthesis in the description of a rune (See: Touch of Vindrax) and it can be confusing.

Out of curiosity, are you opposed to the nora refund on the equips in general? What if, like you said, it had 3 ablities: 2 base, 1 race/class that synergizes with the prior 2 and makes the equip worth it, and a hero-specific nora refund?

Also; some of the specific hero abilities only work on their heroes. Destiny, for example, gives Kartch piercing shot; if that was made into 'if equipped champion is a boghopper' then you have the possibility of a melee unit with Piercing Shot.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Equips should have their abilities pop up like abilities on champs. There should also be a line spacing the abilities on the text. I have advocated this before just because its easier for your eyes to follow the information your reading.

The issue is that it is a QoL, and not something that needs to be done immediately. @Senshu Hope?

8. sharang2

Do we not consider QoL as part of design here at Pox? It's a fair question but not one that you may be able to answer.

1. On one hand, you want to do certain things/implement things as a game developer; and sometimes those things need unwieldy wording to function the way you envision
    2. On the other hand, you want players to be able to intuitively understand your game, and how to synergize their runes.

I think that your proposed QoL fix would be wonderful, but may take a backseat to other concerns, which is where the above dichotomy becomes relevant. Until equips have abilities pop up, should there be an effort to make them simpler just for legibility's sake?

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

nice try SL noob but skeezicks arn't lizards salamans are lizards so ha..

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You must also consider that in the time it takes for Gedden, and team to go back over each Equipment to make them simpler, he could also be spending the time to make them more legible.

While I agree in context that Equips should just be simpler overall. The fact is they are not. To go back through them all would require just as much - if not a similar amount of - effort as it would to just make them easier to understand.

The revamp that happened ~8 months or so ago was just for champions. To do all of the rest would have made the time double, if not triple what it would have been as stated by Gedden. He also said that he would go back over the rest in groups, and touch up stuff as needed. Unfortunately there has been little complaints on the subject, and he has been hard at work on fixing what bugs he can find/confirm, expansion, and hiring issues. QoL has taken a back seat. For now I am fine with that. I always have hope for the future of this game. However; once we reach a stable point in development, the community is not going to heard the end of my QoL wants...

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It makes me happy to know that Senshu got me to compile a list of every hero equip 8 months ago and nothing got done with them. I want my 10 minutes back or I'm taking hostages.

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

13. sharang2

Salaman are amphibians. Lizards are reptiles. Amphibians, by definition, are not reptiles. They're amphibians.

QED. Salaman are not lich wizard cannoneers; the most efficient ranged.

sokotra likes this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Stupidity at its finest.

BurnPyro likes this.
  15. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

While you're discussing what to do with the terrible idea of equips which superpower heroes (like buffing them), feel free to kick Juya's equip in the knees.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i was noting that they are closer to looking like lizards than skeezicks that was my point the racial doesn't matter i was only talking about the artwork

17. sokotra

sokotra Member

I thought skeezick were dwarves mutated into part-lizard anyway. Half dwarf, half draksar.

18. sharang2

Half Skeezick: Half dwarf, half half dwarf half draksar.
    My head hurts.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't it be half half draksar, too? Summing up to 3/4 dorf and 1/4 lizurd?

20. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

He's gone back to 3/4 Dwarf, so he's mostly "clean".