So about Ancestral Avenger...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Ishalia

Ishalia The King of Potatoes

For what it's worth, I think Karmavore has the right idea. The problem with AA is ghost. For whatever reason (I'm guessing it's because of the art), Gedden wants to keep ghost on the AA. As Baskit stated, ghost doesn't belong on a champ that has a heavy combat presence. However, a Titan that serves the same role as Yeti ghost once did would be kind of boring... So maybe taking Karmavore's route and just nerfing the base stats down(lower.. to most titan's base stats) might be the way to go.

If this affects his nora cost too much, add a sandbag ability on to him. He's too cheap as it is anyways.

2. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Nerf it to the stone ages.

Netherzen and profhulk like this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

So you want AA to be more artistic???

SPiEkY and Sealer0 like this.
  4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Berserker 3 and speed bonus from kf along with unstopable from titan will make him even more overpowered then he is now.If kf balance is left to faction zealots then we will contiously see overpowered runes in kf and mw24 will continue to haunt and wail in ranked lobby about losing to kf.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Stay away from the crack.

71 hp lmao

TeaScholar and Netherzen like this.
  6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

actually make it berserker 2 cause of he will still have 9 speed with 3 and kf bonus
    not really because berserker 2 + 10 dmg with loyalty is only 15 damage from his current 20 dmg and he still retains 8 speed

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

AA currently sits at 71hp.... Trying to figure out what they were smoking to make this a good idea.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

71 base hp, on any champ, is giggles

9. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Watch, there's gonna be a nerf thread that has to do with FW and after I defend it, someone else will then say "nerf it to the stone ages"

I have foreseen my own karmic retribution.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Damn it, I was totally going to do that.

11. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

From what I'm reading the major issue is now less the interaction of stats and being a bear-ghost, but instead the large amount of defensive buff spells KF has access too? If so then it seems like Pariah/Warding/Some other anti-spell mechanic would be the option to take.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What about Spirit Projection for him? Make his base stats 0/4/1/3/35, Spirit Projection, and have the projection be the Current AA with Base stats of 11/7/1/0/55

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No, because Firk spirit projection.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ultimately it is a ghost bear titan - this is it's flavour. It needs to be high stats and it needs some form of phase shift.

I prefer the ethereal fix (ethereal rather than ethereal being), which curbs it by limiting when it can attack. This would necessitate a manual cost modifier to keep the cost up - which I generally think is bad, but this sort of inherently problematic design is exactly where I think its applicable.

sharang2 and DarkJello like this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

From what I am seeing, and suggesting here is whats been said.

Pariah: Lazy, but might work for now.
    Pariah + Stat Changes: Possible long term fix
    Ethereal: Nips some of his damage output, while keeping flavor.
    Spirit Projection: I like my suggestion. Also provides an alternate way to kill it.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Except that spirit projection is an incredibly obnoxious ability and we're better off without it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It also makes the only part of him that can hurt you a Summon. Raven Speaker anyone? Figured you would like the suggestion.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just because some of my bgs contain a hard counter to an ability that is incredibly problematic does not mean that I'm okay with it.

TeaScholar, scrampy and SPiEkY like this.
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Not all bgs should be able to counter everything. This just allows other ways to kill it. I'm not saying it's the perfect solution, just that it is also one of many.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You're missing his point. He has a counter to it, but it's a stupid ability.